NEWSPAPER ARTICLE ON SHUNNING, DF'ING, SILENTLAMBS

by ErieGuy 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Room 215
    Room 215

Are we getting spoiled lately?

The abundance of recent media attention to the darker aspects of JW culture seems to have made us a bit blase. In more normal times, I think this item would have gotten a lot more attention and comment. It's a good one nonetheless.

• myMichelle
    myMichelle

A great article, one I will be forwarding on. Thanks to Sharon Tubbs and the St. Petersburg Times!

Michelle

• ErieGuy
    ErieGuy

The EDUCATIONAL VALUE of this extraordinarily COMPREHENSIVE article is a value that should not go untapped.___________

Everyone should be forwarding this link to the editors of as many local, small town newspapers as possible.__________

Suggest limiting commentary to requesting that article be reprinted locally, with possible inquiry as to whether any local citizens are being affected by this practice.__________

Even if there is no immediate response, the EDUCATIONAL VALUE of simply getting the editors to read the article, and hopefully start to understand what this CULT is all about, may discourage the later publishing of CO VISIT announcements, Special Talk announcements, CA/SAD announcements, Quick-build articles, etc.

• battman
    battman

I just found the link. What an awesome piece.

I will be sharing this "Good News" for sure.

Battman

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

I love it!!! It so truthfully and simply exposes the lunacy of the organization. It appears to be well-written and factual. It would be wonderful if this article could be published more broadly.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

This is a very well researched article. The writer has done an excellent job. The publicity of the child abuse issue is having an adverse affect on the Watchtower. A single article like this informs more people in 5 minutes than 30 years of knocking on doors. In the safety of their own homes people can learn the real truth about Jehovah's Witnesses.

I guess readers of this article will be better able to make an informed choice about whether to open their doors or not to the next JW twosome that comes knocking.

Thirdson

• ErieGuy
    ErieGuy

I just want to bring this back to the top to again encourage folks to forward this link to their local newspaper editor, local pastors, community leaders, etc. (This is the type article that many will print off and save, and hopefully even be forwarded to others.)_________

Doing so may not produce immediate results, but the important part is to EDUCATE, EDUCATE, EDUCATE._________

The RESULTS will come later, and you likely will never know, BUT they will occur!!!

• Quotes
    Quotes

And just in case there was any doubt about what consenting married adults can do in the privacy of their own bedroom, J. R. Brown has let the world know:

Brown said Witnesses believe that sexual activity between men and women should "follow the normal course." of things. "We feel that oral or anal intercourse would go beyond that."

Who is the "we" Brown is referring to? Him and his buddies on the Governing Body? Nice how this matter of conscience has been decided for everyone by the mighty-mighty J. R. Brown.

Edited to add: for the record, the URL for this St. Pete's Times article is: http://www.sptimes.com/2002/08/22/Floridian/Spiritual_shunning.shtml

Edited by - Quotes on 24 August 2002 1:41:13

• ErieGuy
  • rocky220
    rocky220

hmmmmm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit