Most unhypocritical religion which one?

by haujobbz 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

I use pentle as a short form for pentacostal or pentacostalist. It's just easier.

I was raised a dub from since i can remember. As a dub, i thought there's was a monolithic group. I pidgeon holed all religions as the wt had taught me. After my dub days, i studied general christianity, it's history, and went to a few baptist, anglican, and pentle type churches during a period of about 2 yrs. As i did so, i read up on the pentles, using a few different sources.

SS

Edited by - saintsatan on 21 August 2002 19:16:45

• jgnat
    jgnat

I would never pick one flavour of Christianity over another. I see all our denominations as the twelve tribes of Isreal, or the seven candlesticks of Revelation, each with their own personality and preferences, each reaching people in their own way. Which makes sense, since people also are so different. And the earth itself is so full of variety. I have argued heatedly with my honey several times about the similarity of God's creation and the many churches we have today. Outside my window I can identify half a dozen types of trees; and these were planted on purpose. In the wild, even more variety.

Various denominations are having to face up to their failings and sins. The Catholic church is finally apologizing. The World Wide Church of God has done an "about face" on many of their doctrines, resulting in a dramatic decline of their membership. I do believe, though, that the WCG, by owning up to it's failings, will end up stronger and better in the long run.

Also, many mainline churches are undergoing a self-examination of their doctrines and practices.

Local congregations are more likely nowadays to team up informally, with pastor prayer sessions and the like. This is long overdue in my opinion, as a half a dozen semi-staffed soup kitchens is not nearly as efficient as a combined effort of several congregations. Also, certain churches can concentrate on a specific need, such as teen moms. As long as other congregations are willing to send referrals their way, those other churches can concentrate on some other special form of care.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""Re: thichi

Ok if we hadnt read raymond franz books and look at this question in a relative way would you pick a religion then, i take it you were a jw b4 so you obviously believed in looking to religious groups to follow.

I do agree that true christian faith isnt any religion but is more down to individuals worshipping god.

I have heard a few say they think the quakers follow 1st century christians more than anyone else even though i dont know what they believe in, i didnt even know they were christians i thought they didnt believe in christ.""""

Rats!! you have nailed me down to a specific. Well, my current viewpoint is that the First Century Christians did not believe in a Trinity, Hell Fire, or Immorality of the Soul.

Here are two fellowships that I like to keep in touch with:

http://www.nazarene-friends.org/default.htm

Friends of the Nazarene is a spiritual community of Messianic Christians dedicated to "following the Lamb no matter where he goes." (Revelation 14:4) They are wholly devoted to a better understanding of the Bible without being squeezed into those various "forms" which have become identified with controlling religions. Since they have no such agenda, the Friends of the Nazarene are free to interpret the Bible themselves, viewing the entire Divine Library as an "open" book, not "sealed" for the elitist interpretations of a self-appointed hierarchy. (Revelation 22:10)

AND:

http://www.cmfellowship.org/

The New Creation is a bimonthly magazine sent out free to all those who request it. Its purpose is to strengthen and encourage God's New Creation in practical Christian matters of life. Due to resource limitations, we cannot put the entire contents here on the web as soon as we would like. We will give you some highlights, that you can find with the navigation links on the left. We also have other forums including a Children's Story Corner, Letters to the Editor, Family Forum, and Conference notices.

Edited by - thichi on 21 August 2002 19:39:9

Edited by - thichi on 21 August 2002 19:40:26

Edited by - thichi on 21 August 2002 19:42:17

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Tough call. I know some expect me to say Wicca but I'm not going to. I think once a religion becomes organized and the organization becomes more important than the followers then hypocrisy is injected. I don't think you have to go to church to be a good christian anymore than you have to join a coven to be a good Wiccan. I think the Hyspocrisy starts when people are allowed to make rules that control others.

• gumby
    gumby

Was it because you witnessed there good works or there following the scriptures closely or even there so called similarity to 1st century christians.

First...to comment on this. The dubs did one hell of a job with a sales pitch that surpasses most in gaining converts and to convience ones....they have the truth.

They marketed Gods name, hellfire , immortality of the soul, holidays, the preaching work, dissfellowshipping, neautrality, and on and on.

It was easy to make these things look bad and them look good. Some thing most other Christians didn't think of doing in that manner......nor wanted to.

As far as your question;

Most unhypocritical religion which one?

As far as religion goes........the unhipocritical ones are scatterd everywhere and not tied to any one faith/religion. They all have hippocrites.Good people exist in various faiths...dubs included.

The Catholics are pretty good about making no bones if they sin. Not the good ones though.

• new boy
    new boy

Who cares?

Hypocrisy= A pretending to be what one is not, or to feel what one does not; esp, a pretense of virtue ect.

So you could be in the baby killer religion, and do everything they say, not have any bad feelings about it {not say one thing and do another} thus not be a hypocrite. and be a good faith? Because they are not a hypocrite right?

Hypocrisy is not the issue.

Does a thought form have love, compassion kindness?

• Carmel
    Carmel

Interestingly, I find folks outside of Christianity follow the teachings of Jesus more closely. Which is least hypocritical? mine!

mr. mushroom

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

ThiChi: Thanks for the Urls you posted I checked both of them out and I found them to be very enlightening. I never even heard of either. So I appreciate the information. Thanks again.

ofc.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Before I was a JW, I was a Methodist. I stopped going because I didn't like the fact that no one would answer my questions. I started studying with the Witnesses because they would answer my questions. I stopped being a JW because they could no longer answer my questions.

Consistent, if a bit simple.

• Mac
    Mac

The one claiming to have all the answers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit