Secrect of your Marriage

by Crystal 45 Replies latest social relationships

• myMichelle
    myMichelle

S4,

No brag, just fact (side note: What western TV show had that line? I can remember watching it w/ my dad. Had a grandfather w/ his grandson looking for the son/father...huh. ah well.)

It is the little things, all the many ways to say not only do I love you, but I like you too.

Michelle

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

Dede and me stay together cause I do what she says. Lol Dede is my best friend (best friend with benefits, if you know what I mean) she can make me laugh when Im mad and I dont want to laugh. I dont know if there is a secret to staying married, I just believe you have to work at your own short comings and cut your mate some slack on theirs. I really do believe Dede deserves better then me, if you got to know us you would know what I mean.

• Crystal
    Crystal

Thanks to all of you!!!There is hope for me to meet the right person.You have all renewed my faith in marriage.!!

YoursChelbie...The truth hurts...yet in the long run it will set me free,you just said everything I was trying not to think about.Thank you.

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Crystal,

My bf says he does'nt want to get married because the Government gets too involved.You think this is just a line?
    He says he feels like we are married,why should we involve the government? I totally trust him,,but sometimes I feel he wants an out ...just in case he meets someone else or it just does'nt work out.
    Another weird thing is , he wants me to have his baby.

I agree with YoursChelbie.

He's lying to you. He wants to have you and yet have the freedom to skip out should something "better looking" come along. Not just looks-wise either.

He could also be taking the attitude "Why buy the cow when the milk is free?"

If I were in your situation this would be the thoughts motivating me to say the same things he has. Always look at all sides of the issue. What worries me is you may feel like you're so lucky to've gotten him that you don't dare rock the boat. That's a load of crap. No guy is worth that. Should you get pregnant and he run off, sooner or later you'll have to leave your job or classes to deal with the final stages of the pregnancy and then raising the child alone will make major changes in your life--and if he's not around why should he care?

Look out for your own interests first.

As far as your original question: 21 years next January, lousy, and I can't afford to leave right now. Hate to spoil the 1.000 batting average (close to it) you've had with others so far, but that's the way it is.

• Mac
    Mac

my Michelle,

I believe the name of the western was "The Guns of Will Sonnet" [:?]

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

"When I married my wife, I didn't love her. I liked her. I like her a whole lot. Gradually I liked her more and more, until one day I realized I loved her. Not passion, but love deep down in your soul. You see son, if you love a woman without liking her, the nights become long and cold and bitternesss rises in your soul. Is any of this getting through your head?" -- Jimmy Stewart, Shenandoah.

Marry your best friend. It's a cliche, but it's also true.

Edited by - Big Tex on 24 August 2002 19:37:53

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Amen to that, darling! Nineteen years now and still best friends first, last, and always. And we've been through some rough waters together but our relationship has so far stayed firm. Tolerance, the ability to forgive (not that there's been anything much to forgive), the ability to listen, compassion, and two tubes of toothpaste. And I still get butterflies in my stomach when I hear his voice!

• KissAFish
    KissAFish

Well, *doing the sums*... I was 20 and now I am...27..so going on 7 years this November... and I am thinking I'd get more time for First Degree murder! Naaaah.. it is all about honesty *gagging .. but it is true*.... patience ....and the ability to both smile when steam is coming out of your ears... and to have a steamy bedroom.... ahh... to do the things you love alone and as a couple.... To remember for everything they do that pisses you of..one thing that makes you love them intensely.. and vice versa....* sigh*.. LOL.. Oh God... I am so glad hubby doesn't visit here... *shhhh*....

"You can tell the size of a man by the size of the thing that makes him mad." - Adali Stevenson

• TheSurvivor
    TheSurvivor

I have been married to the same gal for more than 20 years. My secret is I'm not a man, I'm a robot. <G> Also, having the correct answer to these questions ready does not hurt...... No, that dress does not make you look fat. No, you do not have to many dresses and shoes. No, your butt is not to big. No, I do not like to look at other pretty girls. Yes, I will still love you if you get in a car accident and are paralized from the neck down.....and yes, I would pick your nose for you. <GRIN> And the most important one?......Pant pant...."Oh baby, you only get better with age!"

Things to avoid are snorring at the hall....telling her JW inlaws that they are sick sorry sons of bitches.....complaining about her gray hair.....and getting caught checking out the "scenary."

TheSurvivor....in more than one way.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

I married when I was just 17 years old. Everyone objected to it. Parents, elders, you name it. They all said I was too young. He was 24 years old. But we went ahead and married anyway. It was one of the smartest decisions I ever made in my life. My married lasted 19 years and was terminated only by his death.

I think of him every day. I miss him every day. I believe in the institution of marriage but as for me, I don't think I'll ever marry again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit