Secrect of your Marriage

by Crystal 45 Replies latest social relationships

• TR
    TR

Almost 19 years here.

Do things together

Show your mate you love her/him on a regular basis

Allow each other time with friends

Trust....if warranted(don't get married otherwise)

Don't get into knock down, drag-out fights. Be calm and rational

Have sex often

TR

• JeffT
    JeffT

October will be 28 years for Mrs. T and myself. We're best friends and talk to each other about everything. We've matured together, and tried not to get on each other's nerves. Lately we've been making special efforts to take long weekends away and things like that.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Wild Turkey and I have been married for going on 18 yrs.

The secret to staying together : stay together to spite each other,LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, we are best friends, we dont fight over money, or in laws, which at times would have been so easy to do. We still go out on dates, if you will, and just sit and talk daily .

We laugh together, we love to laugh with our kids.

Basically what all the above people said,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and try to make things different and new, not routine.

I am sure if I could ever keep my mouth shut,,,,,, things would go even better!!hahahha But that is the spice of life I guess.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

For a totally different spin :)

Hmmm in my marriage of 15 years the secret was - give him everything he wants, ask for nothing in return. Be patient, understanding and have the dinner on the table when he walks in the door so he can gulp it down and rush out for a meeting or or into his study to prepare yet another talk. Oh and be a perfect example in the cong - good little elder's wife. And never ever tell anyone that he abuses you and the kids. Worked for him. He was very happy.

Now I am very happy with hubby #2 and we just had our first anniversary. In this one, I can just be me.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I've been married for over 22 years and I haven't a clue as to any secret. 12 years on the first, 2 1/2 on the second and 8 on the third. All have ended in divorce.

My hats off to all of you who have made it last.

Lew W

• Mulan
    Mulan

I probably should have included the strong desire to make it work, and the committment to each other, no matter what. If he wants me, no matter what I do, then I want him too, and vice versa.

I always told him I would forgive him for nearly anything, but it was never necessary. He said he doubted I would really mean that, but I really do. There are some things I wouldn't forgive, (like if my husband was a pedophile or wife beater)...............thankfully, he is FAR from that.

edited to add puncutation

Edited by - mulan on 21 August 2002 22:12:51

• out4good3
    out4good3

19 years and still counting.....

Some great advice on this board.

You just got to MAKE it happen!!!!!!

• Mac
    Mac

The secret to my 27 yr. marriage is honesty, humour, and communication, valuing her opinions as being just as, or more important than mine.(As they oft times areLOL) Her being incredibly sexy, understanding loving and supportive could be a factor as well! Oh, and did i mention Intelligent and sexy? How about beautiful and sexy? How about just plain sexy! (She's a great mom as well!) Oh, and did i mention sexy?

• JT
    JT

14+YRS to Lady "C"

Always be sure to say "Yes Dear" and it will work out well

james

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

15 years, happiest of my life.

All that Mulan has listed, plus, when my wife says shoes I automatically reach for a credit card and never ask the cost.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit