Simon, I need to know ..........

by Sentinel 23 Replies latest jw friends

• dubla
    dubla

karen-

Perhaps I need to find another place to go then.

Thank you for the nudge. I don't have to be pushed

i wasnt telling you to leave, and maybe i sounded harsh....i was just being realistic about it. the fact is, to get what you want out of the forum, youre going to have to wade through alot you dont like. that doesnt neccesarliy mean leaving, unless you dont have a good pair of waders. many people leave because they cant stand all the turmoil.....and the vast majority of them return.

aa

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Sentinel,

You are never going to please everybody. Somebody will always disagree, if just for the sake of disagreeing, it seems to be the nature of these types of Boards. Some people even seemed to have developed a personna that orients around their ability to disagree with great skill. The issue is not important, but how you manage to disagree with panache is...lol.

Underneath it all though, I think that the vast majority of subscribers are decent people, like yourself, just trying to get through from day to day.

Try not to take things too personally, this is not 'real' life. To be judged solely on your written word is hardly giving a very balanced view of a persons real nature or worth. Remember your opinion is a valid as anybody's here, though you may be called to defend it on occasion.

I personally have little concern what anybody on the Board thinks of either myself or my opinions. For better or worse, at least I am me, and they are mine....lol

Keep smiling - HS

Edited by - hillary_step on 21 August 2002 15:9:1

• You Know
    You Know

The board really blew up after Fred Hall got sacked. I think he actually may have special powers. Cats can do some crazy stuff, / You Know?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

I understand that Fred has wandered off to alleys new, perhaps the change of litter will do him good. One year using the same tray is just not healthy.

HS

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hillary,

I just got home from work a few minutes ago. I went back over the Bad Seed thread and responses, and then looked at this thread again. Guess I just let my personal feelings at "the moment" carry me away into some negativity.

Ordinarily, stuff like this just doesn't bother me at all. But I was having an "off" day, and what can I say. It just was all of the sudden very bothersome when I checked the thread out and it was just another person reflecting on the "same ole, same ole". I should have skipped right over it as usual.

I am really too new here to understand how the "flow" of this Forum goes. Actually, I'm fairly new to the great big world wide "net", and I know I have a lot to learn about etiquette in this arena, etc. I am learning though, that people sometimes "say" things in print that they wouldn't normally say to one's face.

I appreciate all the responses. I realize that this is a JWForum where "anything" JW is discussed. Having that freedom is not so much the issue with the latest disagreements. I believe it's more about how we go about posting and the expressions we make to our "friends" on here. I am totally for freedom of speech, but I am looking for responsible and meaningful posts. Sometimes a good curse word gets a point across really well. I use them quite frequently in the proper setting. Everything has a balance.

Anyway, I hold no hard feelings against any of you, including Bad Seed. I've been through too much in my life to allow this place to get to me. Thanks for helping me to see that all a bit more clearly.

Have a nice evening,

Your Friend,

Karen

• Simon
    Simon
    I appreciate all the responses. I realize that this is a JWForum where "anything" JW is discussed. Having that freedom is not so much the issue with the latest disagreements. I believe it's more about how we go about posting and the expressions we make to our "friends" on here. I am totally for freedom of speech, but I am looking for responsible and meaningful posts. Sometimes a good curse word gets a point across really well. I use them quite frequently in the proper setting.Everything has a balance.

That is what I've been trying to get across - perhaps if I'd put it as well as you I wouldn't have had so many problems !

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Thank you Simon.

You are truly a gentleman.

Maybe I just need to "count to ten" more.

Karen

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

LOL@ You Know, man you're on a roll!!!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Sentinel

I know how you feel. I'm fairly new to this whole discussion board process myself. Personally I find this forum not only fascinating, but a window of sanity in the face of all that Pravda-like WTS rhetoric. When I stopped going to meetings, I felt I was the only one that had been treated that way. Now, 14 years later, I've found out I'm not and it feels liberating. Since I work at night, I'm not able to get out with people much, so this forum is such a gift to me. It lets me interact with people on a variety of topics.

Simon seems to me to be a reasonable person with reasonable expectations on what is discussed and the way we are treated. As for some of the nonsense that's been going on lately, for me I think it's like anything else in this life. You take what you need and leave the rest.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Karen (Sentinel),

Perhaps my words on Stephanus' thread would be apropos here:

Seems to me.............

.......that for some (too many?) here this board has become a replacement for the congregation, which it's not, of course.

We are not "members" in the sense that getting baptised into the WTS is.

We also see many here who seem to take this place and their own posts far too seriously.

Well, that's my opinion, anyway.

For the record, I don't object to anything deleted. I don't own anything, so why should I object.

All this just takes up too much time from Simon (and Angharad's) own personal life and space.

Whoever the moderators are that asssist and whatever they have or haven't deleted seems so insignificant to me when compared to the REAL ISSUE, the actions and control of the Borg and its victimisation of the innocents.

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit