Simon, I need to know ..........

by Sentinel 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Simon,

Perhaps I have been the one to misunderstand the prime objective of your Forum. In the beginning I went to the orginal posts from you to get an idea of what you had in mind, and it did seem like I was in a good place and that I understood the rules and such.

I just didn't expect so much of what has been happening and escalating during the past several weeks. This is not your fault. I have read your response posts and still it goes on and on. Is this something new? Has this happened before? Will it calm down?

I try to look for good and interesting threads, and respond out of my heart. Apparently, sincerity is not tolerated all that well by the masses here.

Maybe I am just as nieve as I ever was...........I'm certainly every bit as human as all lthe rest of you out there.

Karen

• Simon
    Simon

It seems to go in cycles - fluff, serious, campaigns, arguments etc...

It will quieten down again and people will get on with normal posting. I blame it on the excitement of Dateline and Panorama - people have a hard job calming down.

The real problem is the handful of people who like to stirr things up and get as many people involved as they can. I do not really know why they do this. Perhaps they are still harping on about old personal issues. Perhaps they are WatchTower plants just trying to disrupt any semblance of organised ex-JWs (if I was a WT mole I would not pose as a WT loyalist but as one of the real anti-WTS-ers)

In the end - who knows? ... and who cares?

If people cause trouble they will go and the rest of us can carry on with the discussion, debate, support and flirting er, I mean friendship.

• larc
    larc

Karen, I can not answer for Simon, but it has been my observation that this place goes through cycles. It is peaceful and civil for long periods, then the flames erupt, explode, some people leave, then come back, everyone kisses and makes up, then there is a love fest for awhile, then a new cycle begins.

• dubla
    dubla

well, im not simon, but considering this is a public post, i assume its up for discussion.......

I just didn't expect so much of what has been happening and escalating during the past several weeks.

i cant believe the amount of times ive read something about the turmoil thats "been happening the past several weeks", or "this week", or "lately", etc..............the big controversies come and go, and everyone jumps in with their two cents. if youre expecting a nice calm place without all the crap in between, sorry to say you might want to look elsewhere. theres just too many conflicting personalities on this site, and that includes exjws pitted against each other on a regular basis. if you cant handle someone slamming your thoughts, sincere or not, again.....you might be in the wrong place. but, if you can put up with the occasional flame war and controversy (occasional might be stretching it....okay the regular flame wars and controversies), then youll find lots of useful information and helpful support here.

aa

edited to say, gee i guess you got the same basic response three times over already.

Edited by - dubla on 21 August 2002 14:17:31

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed
    Perhaps I have been the one to misunderstand the prime objective of your Forum.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Thanks Simon,

I was feeling a bit down today and when I saw that thread end up adding to the fire, it just made me even sadder. There is so much potential for good here. I just hope that it does die down soon. I will just have to go back and read old threads for awhile.

Even if there is usually joy in my heart, there are some things that bring tears to my eyes. I suppose I let Bad Seed get under my skin. (This is how arguments get started) I'm usually stronger than that, but oh well........Guess I will have to get to know these posters a bit more, and just "let it go" and not go there, when it bothers me.

Karen

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Perhaps I need to find another place to go then.

Thank you for the nudge. I don't have to be pushed.

• SYN
    SYN

This site has a HUGE number of active posters, and as such is a fascinating example of large-scale social interaction over the Internet by an often fanatical user-base. Delightful!

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed
    I was feeling a bit down today and when I saw that thread end up adding to the fire, it just made me even sadder.

Why would you let something this facile get you down? Seriously!? ITS A DISCUSSION FORUM!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Sentinel,for the most part we have a pretty good group here.There are a few trouble makers,but Simon usually takes care of them.We sometimes squabble amongst ourselves,but thats all it is.Enjoy yourself here...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit