Fear of the New World

by WildTurkey 22 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

The thought of living forever was all I ever wanted,, for one simple reason......... to never have to see a loved one die or fear that again. Other than that there were alot of things I wondered about and how I would deal with these things.

Like how would we really overcome jealousy,, what if someone eles got the big nice house by the ocean and I did not? What if Jehovah had me doing paper work , when I wanted to be outside? What if I had to live next door to the beautiful Marilyn Monroe when she was resurrected,, ok no amount of perfection on my part would make me even close to that beauty. I am sure my hubby would be to tempted to run help Marilyn with her garden!!! And heaven forbid ,, Elvis!!!!!! Yeah I am sure we would all still be human,,,,,,,,,,, even perfect , we were taught we could fall away and get destroyed right there on the spot. I feared my children might forget the old world , only to die at the second test.

What if you were rock climbing and fell,, and really smashed your whole body up, would you be healed right away??

For those who have false teeth,, when and how would a new set of teeth grow?

Surely there would be no breast implants, so what about those sisters who have em, how would Jehovah get em out?

And honestly, I joke alot about my little demons, I mean angels, but I wouldnt want perfect children.I love them the way they are, they would be too much like robots, and so would everyone eles.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey WildTurkey,I thought about the new world too.Just think,your friends family,neighbours and most of the worlds population destroyed because they wouldn`t join the JW`s.Your very first day of paradise and your hip deep in dead people,rotting decaying dead people,and some are people you cared deeply for.Not only are you hip deep in dead people,the bastards that supported this are now in charge.Who would want to live in a world that evil?...OUTLAW

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

True story.

I do not ever have nightmares but once when I was an active dub I awoke in a sweat with my heart racing, from a dream that was so vivid I can recall it now.

I dreamed I was in the New World. The sun was shining the surroundings were exactly like one of the well known drawings , everything was there - but something was horribly wrong.

The heat was oppressively sticky, I had to toil in the field stacking sheaves of wheat . My hands were blistered and raw . It was back breaking work . Over all of us there was an overseer who was watching us work . He was wearing sun glasses with reflective mirror eyes and we just had to keep working . It was horrible!

I awoke from that dream and was so glad to be in the "Old world" .We laughed about it but I wonder if I was sub consiencely having the first of second thoughts already

• twain30
    twain30

I came to a decision some years back; that if the present WBTS organizational structure is a preview of what life will be like in the New Order, with its cloistered existence, no toleration of variety or spontaneous thought, then I'd rather just live a short satisfying life and die. Living an endless existence like that would be only an existence-not life at all.

I believe that earth will be a paradise and that the resurrection of the dead will be a reality, but these things will take place in a far different environment than the WBTS would have us envision.

• abbagail
    abbagail

BluesBrother, your dream sounds like a scene from the movie, "Cool Hand Luke." (Paul Newman).

Lyin Eyes... DIE LAUGHING! Everything you wrote, way too funny; and especially the false teeth; and having to do paperwork v. being outside. Having been chained to a desk for most of my working career, I ACHED to be outside. Definitely could relate to that one.

I wanted to live forever, sure, No Problem, but HEALTHY, full of energy, wake up feeling GOOD every day, and remain 30 years old forever, no eyeglasses (they ARE such a pain); and if we were going to be perfect, why would we need clothes? No more washing and ironing. No makeup EVER needed or wanted! No pantyhose! No angry thoughts or feelings. No stress. No money worries! No oil changes to worry about or tires needing to be rotated. Getting to have your own house (without mortgages or rent) and hopefully, a few able-bodied pool boys to cut the grass! LOL! Birds singing every morning. NO sweltering humidity but a perfect temperature. No tempting "bad for you" foods, but only luscious gardens and aromatic flowers, organic fresh food growing everywhere, just for the picking! NO fear, you could walk along the street any time of night to enjoy the stars or the full moon or the night air and not have to worry about the boogey-man. Time would never be an issue. We would have had eternity to learn new things, study different subjects, perfect different hobbies, time to learn to play as many instruments as you wanted. Unending health and youth, so you could just keep going and going and going. I don't think I would ever get bored with it. Having grown up going camping and being in the outdoors alot as a kid, I always pictured it being like that but better -- that thrill and excitement you felt as a kid about such things. It sounded great to me! I fell for it completely. Still not convinced it will never happen. Though I agree with all who said, We had to "fear" not living up to the expectation and being "zapped" out of sight at any time, and/or at the end of the 1000 years having to be tested AGAIN. That part really bummed me out.

Oh well, enough "day dreaming" for one session. Great thread, though. You guys think of the most interesting topics! I never think of one-tenth of this JW stuff until I see one of you mention it, and then all the memories come flooding back. This really IS a great place to hang out! Thanks people!

Grits

• You Know
    You Know

Let's face it, Wild Turkey, you love this world. The apostle Paul referred to those 1st century Christians who forsook their faith because they loved the present system. Others are described in scripture as judging themselves unfit for everlasting life. Obviously that's the judgment you, and many others, have imposed upon yourself. The last verse of the 8th chapter of Proverbs describes those who don't "get it" as those who "do love death." In some sense the truth has set you free, in that you know that death is merely non-existence. So, you are able to reason things out to that extent and have chosen to pursue your true love---death---and, of course, the world is predominately death-oriented, and appropriately enough will itself die a gruesome and agonizing suicidal death. / You Know

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Is it ok to say,,,, Horsedung!!!!! ????

Just wondering.....

Edited for my bad language,,,,,,,,,, somehow horsedung , just doesnt say the same thing as HORSES@#T my bad.

Edited by - LyinEyes on 22 August 2002 5:35:4

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

YK, you were alot more fun when you were making fun of things.

As noted above, why would I want to be in subjection forever? Why would I want to walk everywhere? Why would I want to see some dead relatives? They, as dubs, are the worst hypocritical people I have ever met. At least my "worldly" relatives owned up to their failings and admitted they were not perfect.

You are right....we have been indoctrinated by the dubs to the point that non-existence sounds fine to me. Since I have no soul, what is the big deal?

Your attempt to control people through such a simple plan (live forever, never get old, etc.) is apparently very effective. However, 6 million out of 6 billion is pretty small. How will you bury all the dead?

Oh, I Know! Jehovah will take care of it!

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Living forever with your spouse, and only the missionary position?? BORING!!!

Beck

• You Know
    You Know

PUFFS

YK, you were alot more fun when you were making fun of things.

Okay, how about I make a litle sport of you?

As noted above, why would I want to be in subjection forever?

You don't have any choice in the matter. The only choice we have is being in subjection to Jehovah or being in subjection to death. Either way, we have to be subjects. I choose life.

Why would I want to walk everywhere?

LOL Walking is good excercise. If you had forever to get there what would be the hurry? Besides, I would imagine that riding on the back of an Arabian stallion is probably a pretty good way to get around.

Why would I want to see some dead relatives?

Why would you want to be a dead relative?

They, as dubs, are the worst hypocritical people I have ever met. At least my "worldly" relatives owned up to their failings and admitted they were not perfect.

There is a lot of hypocrisy among Jehovah's Witnesses and the way this thing is going to play out is that Jehovah is going to weed out a pretty sizable percentage of those who presently imagine that they are part of the so-called great crowd. I expect that the majority of JWs will not make the grade when the chips are down.

You are right....we have been indoctrinated by the dubs to the point that non-existence sounds fine to me. Since I have no soul, what is the big deal?

The big deal is a new world. You would probably be thrilled if some billionaire guy walked up to you and gave you the keys to your dream home, right? Several hundred years ago Europeans were thrilled at the prospect of getting out from under oppresive kings and grinding poverty and coming to the new world of the Americas. That was a big deal for them, and it changed the entire course of history. Of course the same problems redeveloped because civilization wasn't really reformed at it's core. But, Jehovah's new world will be a total remake. The possibilities are limitless and beyond imagining.

Your attempt to control people through such a simple plan (live forever, never get old, etc.) is apparently very effective.

The vision that Jehovah and Christ set before faithful mankind is very very powerful. It has inspired people with hope for thousands of years and will continue to do so up until Jehovah's vision becomes reality. / You Know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit