An old man's childish small-scale rebellion

by TheOldHippie 23 Replies latest jw friends

• ugg
    ugg

i agree with messenger!!! you are rattling cages...be prepared!!! we are here for you..

• minimus
    minimus

Hi Old Hippie, I, too, have followed your journey from the beginning. As has already been stated, troubles are brewing when you say and do what you feel. They will charge you with causing divisions.I sense that if judicial action was taken against you, you would wear it as a badge of honor. I hope you do what you think is right. Just be prepared for the inevitable.

• LB
    LB

Old Hippie we can't accuse you of taking an easy path. I'm afraid that would take more energy than I have. But I wish you well and it seems like a worthwhile endeavor.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I like you, Old Hippie! You have the same attitude I did, except one day instead of leaving the meeting when I disagreed with the contents I just quit going. I have two small children and I didn't like what they were hearing vs. what they were seeing, plus a few hundred other things. Like you, I agree with the theology. I think it's quite possible 1914 was not the start of THE end, because of that conveniently-forgotten scripture: "No one knows the day or the hour. . . ." but I do agree we're living in some dangerous times right now, and the important thing is to have our relationship with God as sound as it can be. From what I read in the Bible He's pretty liberal about us carbon-based units as long as we're trying our best. Keep fighting your underground battle! May Jehovah, The Force, and the spirit of Jerry Garcia be with you!

Love,

Nina

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

OldHippie,

Thank you for your post. I am pleased that you are doing what you feel to be right, despite the emotional pressure it must be bringing on yourself and your family. Like Path, I think that the outcome is inevitable, and as an ex-elder, I am sure you must know what I mean, but at least you are living your own precious life and not handing it over to a faceless 'Orgainization' to live it for you.

You are a good man, with a good heart, and the WTS is making sure that its best elders, like yourself, are presented with an impossible congregational situation that they either learn to live with, or leave. The arrangement of elders in the congregations of JW's is a complete farce. These men have been set up by the WTS as soft targets, most of them with proud and foolish grins on their faces, happy to do the bidding of those who control them. Yes, elders are completely controlled these days by the WTS and are not 'older men' whose concern is for the spiritual and physical welfare of their friends, but are deemed by the WTS as 'representatives of the Organization', another phrase for 'scapegoat'.

On the subject of your letters to the WTS, that is, of the treatment of DF's children, and those like E'Man, DF's many years ago and still treated as such, a good friend of mine, very Senior in an overseas Branch raised this very issue with the GB at least three years ago. His research and presentation was dismissed with the shrug of one GB members shoulders, and we all know which one.

I agree that the WTS has tried to achieve good in the world, but the way they have tried to do this has endangered the lives of millions. These lives do not belong to the WTS and they have no right to experiment with them.

Thanks old hippie, enjoyed your comments - HS

Edited by - hillary_step on 21 August 2002 12:45:32

• metatron
    metatron

It's an emotional struggle loaded with turmoil. The only thing that prepared me
    for it was heartfelt prayer before it started "Jehovah, I can't believe this stuff,
    show me the truth!"

After that, things blew up in my home and congregation. I guess I learned the hard way
    "be careful of what you wish for, it may come true." I found out the truth about all of it-
    congregation, family, organization - all in a very short period of time.

Good Luck (what euphemism can sub for good luck?) with your health and status in your
    congregation. With 'division' disfellowshipping going on, they may boot you out.
    Nevertheless, it must be fun to feel to like a mischevious kid again.

Rock On!,

metatron

• SYN
    SYN
    when I give school talks on topics such as why we have changed beliefs at times, I use a couple of minutes to deal with the Pyramids, vaccinations etc., to show what was once taught;

They allow you to do that? If I'd tried to pull a stunt like that in my old Hall, I'd have been roughly pushed off the stage in seconds!!!!

• Grunt
    Grunt

Hi Old Hippie,
    I wish you well and think what you are doing is commendable and self-sacrificing. Once you see things as they are the words in all the WT studies just sound like so much propaganda to me and it is tough to sit through. My only concern is your children. I don't know how many you have or how old they are but they are your weak spot. This cult appeals to idealists and if they are a chip off the old block they are a good target. If they go Whole Souled and hardline then it will be them shunning you. I hope not and would imagine the good example you are setting by actually using your own conscience might protect them. If I had it to do again, a child of mine would never set foot in the door of a Kingdom Hall. They promise racial harmony and world wide peace but never mention that they just allow EVERYONE except the "Anointed" to be second class citizens together and they hope to achieve world wide peace by having God KILL EVERYONE ELSE in the world. Until that happy day arrives you can practice by treating everyone that disagrees as though they were already dead. Ah, the love, it really does indicate just what they are. Cult members. Take care.

Grunt

• Mulan
    Mulan

You crack me up!! I wish I had had the nerve to do and say some of those things myself.

Keep it up, and keep us informed.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Old Hippie,I read your post and laughed.Good for you,trying to make changes from within.I don`t know how long you`ll be able to get away with it,but I wish you the best..Rock on Old Hippie!!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit