An old man's childish small-scale rebellion

by TheOldHippie 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hey old hippie, i found some one liners for ya. I hope you get laughs from some of them.

Old hippies never die, they just get higher.

Old hippies never die, they just lose their hair.

Old hippies never die, they just flashback.

Old hippies never die, they just go to pot.

Old hippies never die, they just surrender.

Old hippies never die, they just curl up on the floor.

Old hippies never die, they just go undercover.

Old hippies never die, they just wrinkle

Old hippies never die, they just keep on truckin.

Old hippies never die, they just find different ways to get their jollies and screw other people when their hormones slow down!

Old hippies never die, they're simply reincarnate.

Old Hippies never die, they just become one with the universe.

Old hippies never die, they just trip out.

Old hippies never die they just hole up on the farm and play with their toys.

Old hippies never die, they just shop at pier one imports.

SS

• teejay
    teejay

OldHippie,

Life is a cycle, they say, and yours seems to be that way -- returning to where it started out. This is a remarkable post to me.

Quiet/passive dissent, the kind you seem to be embarked on, is usually seen as more dangerous to authorities than the blatant variety since they (those in power) really have nothing to shoot at... nothing to get a grip on. You aren't really DOING anything. The way you are going about 'shunning' the co is ... how can I say it? Funny? Heartwarming? Provocative? Amazing. My heart goes out to you (and your family -- for their support). More than anything, after reading your post and thinking on it, my overwhelming feeling is sadness.

Every now and then I read something or happen to think of something that makes me remember what could have been (for me) with the Organization I grew up in. This thread has done that. I lived a dream for many years--it *was* a dream, of course--and luckily I woke up while there was time in this meager life to find a little joy in this existence.

But the dream... how wonderful it was! So forgive me. I cannot forget it.

Thanks for this. Strength to you (and yours), that you might continue. And by all means, good luck on your journey.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Again, sensing that I am repeating myself - thank you, all, for your very nice and compassionate words.

Is it not strange, that as soon as we start talking to / with each other as persons, individuals, on topics that are "human to human", we find that we are so very similar, parallell, that we understand each other very well, that many of us probably would have made great friends - but that we resort to yelling and name-calling and insulting as soon as we discuss theology / organizational matters?

Strange indeed - because I feel all of us having posted on this thread have hearts and minds that are so equal - oops! machine goin' down - must leave!

keep rockin'!

• teejay
    teejay

OH,

I subscribe to a service that emails me a quote every day. Here's what I found in my box this morning... made me think of you:

Here's the Quotation for Thursday, August 22, 2002

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but
    still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do.

Helen Keller
    (1880-1968, American Blind/Deaf Author, Lecturer, Amorist)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit