I'll Just Bet They Do Go Beyond...

by Francois 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

...the things written. Ol' Needle Nose Jaracz claims they don't, but they do. Most of JW so-called "theology" is nothing more than the interpretation of men, nothing more. How many JW teachings go "beyond the things written" and in fact go WAY beyond the things written? How many can you think of?

The blood issue, which Jan has so elegantly addressed, is the first thing that pops to mind.

The 144K is another interpretation.

The idea of a paradise earth on which righteous people live eternally is an interpretation. The earth may well become a well-watered paradise, but that doesn't mean that righteous people will be marooned here forever. In my view, the righteous leave here and get on with a cosmic career of such sweeping adventure it far surpasses our wildest imagination. People of origin here will keep it a paradise and we'll be up, up, and away.

And so on like that.

What do you think?

How can we jamb Jaracz's absurd remark right up his, um, nose?

-francois

Edited by - francois on 20 August 2002 20:52:21

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

In my view, the righteous leave here and get on with a cosmic career of such sweeping adventure it far surpasses our wildest imagination.

That's exactly what I believe.

People of origin here will keep it a paradise and we'll be up, up, and away.

New heaven, new earth, new people. I'm with you again.

By the way. That's a splendid new pic of you in your profile.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I think it is like you and pom have agreed. The earth could be made into a paradise for humans. That could be it's future.

A few areas where the wt has gone beyond the bible, IMO are:

Separateness from humanity.

Refraining from celebrations.

Refraining from social causes.

Ruling their members' consciences on participation in war, voting, sex, drugs, medical treatment

SS

• Francois
    Francois

Thanks Pom. I think my eyes are too close together in that one. Make me look like a criminal, and I really hate letting on to that little secrect.

We really must get together for some stripper fishing in the Savannah River Ship channel some bone-chilling December day when even the ducks are checked in at Motel 6.

francois

• searcher
    searcher

Appointing elders.

The bible says they should be elected from the cong.

searcher.

• DJ
    DJ

Attire rules, facial hair rules, timeslips, adding words in brackets in their [bible] .......etc.......

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

When the bible said to "ponder these things and be absorbed in them", I don't think it meant to have several "lessons" from several "publications" each week, and to be expected to read everything from cover to cover that a publishing company churns out as "the latest from God's Mouth"........

Hugs,

Annie

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

We really must get together for some stripper fishing in the Savannah River Ship channel some bone-chilling December day when even the ducks are checked in at Motel 6.

And catch some of those Moby's like in the pic?? That would be quite the good time. I'll bring the JD!

When's the last time you went fishing?

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

aluminium, vaccination...........

that's a roger houston

paduan

• Francois
    Francois

I went fishing last August. I had a beautiful fishing machine of a boat, but I was so depressed, I just couldn't get it together to go fishing.

Last time I went in the ship channel was about ten years ago. Thanks to another one of those US Army Corps of Engineers projects, the spawning grounds of the strippers silted up and they stopped going into the channel. But a lawsuit made the corps rip out thier "tide gates" and the strippers are coming back.

They still run in the Ogeechee River though.

-francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit