What are the current rules about vaping from the GB?

by purrpurr 24 Replies latest jw friends

• purrpurr
    purrpurr
    I mean e cigs and vaping. Not even tobacco inhaling but inhaling other stuff like herbs etc. Is this allowed? A grey area? Or would it get someone DF'd?
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I doubt there is any new stuff in Watchtower Magazine about that, but ask any C.O. or wait for the magazine to address it, and I am sure it would say that it's a bad habit just like smoking and it could stumble others who assume you are sucking on tobacco and they would say NO!
  • sir82
    sir82

I think that is an excellent question.

To my knowledge there has been exactly 0 information printed about this.

Technically, I think it should be allowed. Why is "tobacco use" a disfellowshipping offense? Because it is a "defilement of the flesh", it leads to cancer.

I understand vaping removes virtually all the carcinogens, so why not allow it?

Nicotine is a drug? So is caffeine. Nicotine is addictive? So is caffeine.

That said, I'm 99.9% certain that if push came to shove, you'd be DF'ed even for vaping peppermint oil. It "looks like" smoking, thus you'd "stumble others" and get the axe for "causing divisions" or "brazen conduct".

• Gentledawn
    Gentledawn

The fact that adults have to ask what they're "allowed" to do is pretty insulting, imo.

They don't say anything about GMOs? Pesticides? Cloned animals sold in the meat market?

.. Nothing? Not a word? Not even a "use your bible-stained conscience"?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    The Org will sooooooooooon (Tm) pontificate on the subject - just wait and see.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

This is a prediction. The WBT$ will say 'NO!' It looks like smoking and Jehovah's(tm) clean people do not want to go down a path of looking like worldly(tm) ones...it may even lead to taking drugs or homosexuality.

I think this is a no brainer, really.

The money you spend on refills and vapes would be better served put into the GB's protect a pervert fund.

If they don't want children to buy ice creams............I rest my case.

The GB enjoy abusing the R&F, weilding power and getting their money. I wish the GB would just f*** off and die.

• cappytan
    cappytan

There was a mention of it in the mags. Although it was only in the footnote of an article on smoking.

• Smoking here refers to inhaling tobacco smoke directly from cigarettes, cigars, pipes, or water pipes. However, the principles discussed apply equally to the use of chewing tobacco, snuff, electronic cigarettes that contain nicotine, and other products.

Here is the article:

http://m.wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2014403?q=tobacco&p=par

• aintenoughwiskey
    aintenoughwiskey

"electronic cigarettes that contain nicotine" Maybe?

"and other products" Hell no!

• confuzzlediam
    confuzzlediam

"electronic cigarettes that contain nicotine"

SO does this mean that one could vape with NO nicotine in it? Or would that be considered as "other products"?

My guess is vaping, even with no nicotine, would be a no no. Possibly because they would say that it could lead to using nicotine in the vape OR could lead to smoking cigarettes OR as Punkofnice pointed out lead to other sins! There is also debate on whether or not vaping is even much better than smoking as you are still inhaling something into the lungs, which could be considered a defilement of the flesh. Not to mention it would be doing something that those in the "world" do, so would want to stay away from it.

My son vapes and I smoke. I have not done much research on vaping, but am not convinced it is a whole lot safer than smoking. Still inhaling a substance into the lungs. BUT we do it anyways...

• cappytan
    cappytan

Chewing tobacco or smoking cigars is safer than smoking cigarettes. But that doesn't mean there's no risk associated with it. It's like the distinction between bungee jumping and skydiving. One is technically safer than the other, but it still doesn't mean it's "safe."

I vape. If you have control over what goes into your ejuice, it can be pretty safe. And not all that vape inhale. There is still some transference of nicotine in your mouth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit