A piece of me reaching out...

by Mimilly 27 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

I have been laying on my bed for awhile now, trying very hard to just stay still. Today, I left this board for a break. While typing it out, there was a steak knife at my side (from cleaning guck out of the mouse), but it beckoned me. I was once a cutter. I would cut my arms or whereever - to relieve inner pressure, pain,anger, fear, lack of control - etc. (For those of you who don't already know my story, you can look it up on this site.) I haven't cut in three years.

I cleaned the floors, bathroom, I cried. I received email from many posters who saw my thread and honestly, I was overwelmed and thankful. I AM tired. Tired of the heat that my area has been cooking in for two weeks, and all that it caused physically. While two things triggered me on this board as of late - due to my being run down, it affected me more than I knew and it was my worrying about someone who didn't know what to do while in the triggering stage reading these things that finally shut me down. I was being told how silly I was by people who do not understand. (paraphrasing btw)

While laying on the bed I realized how badly I wanted to saw away at my arm. Relief. I wanted this build up to drain out. I have no phone at present as it's disconnected temporarily. (go figure - at a time like this)

I should've turned away from the infighting here. But there was only horrid heat. I should've just surfed fluff - but I cared about someone getting hurt. In the end - it was me who got hurt and it's no one's fault. Had I not been run down by the weather and such, this wouldn't have happened. I would've ignored the nonsense. I love this place, and no one will ever be able to make me leave it permanently.

Meanwhile. I long to cut. Because I have no phone, the rule is 'reach out'. That is what I'm doing.

I don't long to cut - I crave it, I need it, I want it - but I know it's wrong. Trouble is, I'm tired - really tired.

so this is a piece of me reaching out

salem

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Salem...

I'm here if you need some help with something. A lot of people are here for you. I'm from Southern California, so I can take the heat...lean on me a bit if ya need to.

luv ya

(I need to leave in a min, but I'll check back later).

• bigboi
    bigboi

((((((((((((Salem)))))))))))))

Hang in there kid. Things are lookin a bit down now but it'll get better.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

((((((((((((((((((((((((Salem))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

And I'm reaching back. I'm so glad you wrote that and posted it here instead of using self-destructive behavior.

I admire you so much. You can get through this! I find that the arms here are very strong. Don't worry, we will hold you up and it will be okay.

Love,

Andee

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Mimilly-

Check your email.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Mimilly, are you on the net via cable, or are you at work or using a friends computer? The reason I ask is. You say you have no phone and I think you need someone to talk to. If you have cable and are at home, would you download paltalk? If you have speakers and a mic, I'll log on and talk to you.

I really think you need a listening ear right now and I don't have to work tomorrow so................

Just let me know and I will log on.

Shari

• Scully
    Scully

Salem:

I wish I knew all the right things to say to help you feel better right now. I admit that I don't know how to fix what you're going through, but I do want you to know that I care very much about you and what you're going through.

If I were close enough to give you a hug, and you felt that's what you needed, you know I'd be right there in a heartbeat.

The heat is just nasty - I don't tolerate it well either. That's why I welcome the cooler weather. Sometimes when it's unbearably hot, I'll hop into a cool shower three or four times a day, then 'drip dry' in front of a fan going full blast. It's such a relief!!
    (PS to the guys: DOWN!! DOWN!!)

Lots of Love, Scully

Edited by - Scully on 19 August 2002 22:6:25

• jack2
    jack2

Salem, we're glad you came to the board with this, we'll try to help in whatever way we can. This is one of those times when it would be great to *really* be there for you; but even though we're not there in person, we care very much.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

((((((Salem)))))

You've got email.

Dana

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

((((((((((( Salem )))))))))))

I wish that peace permeates your thoughts and warmth surrounds your soul.

http://www.angelrays.com/Cards/special/flowerangel.html

Love and hugs sent your way.

Check you mail.

Love,

Cassi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit