Bill Bowens Highjacked thread

by CC Ryder 47 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

I personally cannot see what is so offensive about YK's post. It was certainly not attacking abuse victims, it questioned the fact that in Mr. Bowen is structuring and organizing 'Silentlambs' to be more effective children might then become even more victimized. These things need to be rationally discussed, not just reacted to.

What YK seems to find so upsetting is that 'apostates' are using the child-abuse issue as a weapon, outside the agenda of child-abuse issues, to attack and damage the WTS.

Robert of course we are! Why would we not? The way that child-abuse issues are handled is just symptomatic of the deeply seated malaise that the WTS suffers from. Its desire to promote itself as THE ORGANIZATION, the only organization that God is using on the planet is precarious to say the least. In order to preserve this myth, they then move to practice the dangerous art of cunning and emotional brutality against their adherents.

Yes, the child-abuse issue is the weapon of choice of apostates at the moment, the UN was one a while ago, and tomorrow it may be another issue. Until the WTS learns that the "Mountain Of The House Of Jehovah towards which the Happiest People On Earth stream is not something that they know anything about in reality, this will continue to be the scenario.

HS

Edited by - hillary_step on 19 August 2002 12:38:54

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

This is Tinkerbell's post....I didn't change the format before submitting my post and had to edit......sorry. Tink

Say you're in a restarant with a friend and at the next table, there's this little babbling baby. If this is a distraction to you and your friend, well, we all know what we would do, It might be a distraction, but you carry on with your dinner.

You can't lean over and say, *hey there baby, shut the hell up or leave!* No, of course not! =;o)

Maybe it's a small distraction. But that's all it is, a small distraction.

Same here, this is just a distraction from a few babbling babies.

It wont change my cause to bring down the WTS. This is just the tip of the iceburg! It may not be a picnic in the park for me, but it wont stop me. I will not stop until the WTS is exposed for what it really is.

I was abused as a child and as a adult. At that time, I could only react to what I had been taught by the WTS. I know differently now. I can make a difference now, in hopes that this wont ever happen to another young girl. I want this abuse to stop! I don't want it to happen to another person! And I can't sit back and do nothing!

As far as I'm concerned, You Know and Bleep or whoever wants to babble, thats fine, babble away.

Babble on! It wont change the fact that the WTS IS GOING DOWN.

Edited by - CC Ryder on 19 August 2002 12:41:56

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

SIMON-

Can you install some kind of IGNORE button? That way I dont have to see YOU KNOW's idiotic rantings....either that or find me some kind of TROLL AWAY SPRAY.

• Valis
    Valis

Crazy...perhaps some Blue Star Anointment might work...is safe and effective for casting out demons, curing anointment, getting rid of assholes and ringworm.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Thanks for the info! If that doesnt work, I will have to try my Gold Bond powder! It got rid of my smurfs....

• Satanus
    Satanus

Jan said

He found it amusing that the Silentlambs group is taking on the characteristics of an organisation, and one using volunteer work. I don't think the criticism is at all valid.

We'll see. Anewperson claimed that her group, free christians, was prophecied by ray franz to come into existence. In the mean time bill, and those working w him are doing a world of good.

I think it would be a shame to delete yk. Who would be left to trash?

SS

Edited by - saintsatan on 19 August 2002 13:52:51

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Since CC and I share the same home, we share the same computer! I've got to make sure I've got the right name in the box when I post!!!

Valis, your post was funny! lol

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Sometimes it is better to sacrifice our personal agendas for the greater good. It is obvious that Bill Bowen has steadily established that within the WT orb crimes have been committed against children. Why lose sight of that accomplishment and place a burden on this good man. He is trying to deal with the practical aspects of a movement that truly challenges the WTBTS. It is only natural that he organize the movement because it has evolved to the point of needing just that. In my opinion, at this time, it pretentious and premature to reduce to pedantics Bill Bowens call for help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit