Crisis Of Conscience In Audio Format?

by dubstepped 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    Almost done. I'll share when it is finished.
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Awesome, thanks tim! I'm really surprised that it isn't more readily available with it being such a big influence in this community. Whoever read it did a good job reading a difficult book that doesn't always flow well.
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

Here's the link. It looks like all the files uploaded correctly.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Does anyone know where the pdf formatt is, I have tried to buy it but amazon want to charge hundreds of dollars if u live in the uk!!!
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    Does anyone know where the pdf formatt is, I have tried to buy it but amazon want to charge hundreds of dollars if u live in the uk!!!

PM'd you the link.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Thanks again Tim. I just listened to some of it. Wow, it is really disgusting what went on at the expense of others. It is nice to see that Franz saw a lot of things that I myself have seen in the organization and pointed out to my wife. The prevailing attitude is one of making and following rules, setting the GB up as our conscience, and they care about rules more than people, following traditions of men and protecting their appearance than how it destroys lives or families. I'm not surprised, but it's still hard to hear.
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    You're welcome. Btw, it's timelord, as in The Doctor from Doctor Who.
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Lol, oops, clearly I'm not into Doctor Who. I showed it to my wife and she got it right away. I'm still surprised that it was over my head. Normally I notice things like that.
  • rebel8
    rebel8
    Isn't this copyright violation and piracy?
  • GodZoo
    GodZoo
    Isn't this copyright violation and piracy?

This is an unabridged audiobook recording. It is intended primarily as an alternate format for the visually impaired. No profit is being made from this recording, nor is there any monetization on this You Tube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXwzOAVQahM&list=PLPbDQHX1wDvkTM_18LXAWSpnVVFTkcA9m

Then there is this:

According To Author's Guild, You Cannot Read Books Out Loud

from the player-pianos-anyone? dept

As you may know, when player pianos were first introduced, there was a massive fear among musicians that it would be the death of the live music industry. With a player piano, why would anyone ever need to go see a live performance again? In fact, the roots of our rather draconian modern copyright law come, in part, from this dispute. You can see it time and time again, as each new technology comes along, someone freaks out, demands an extra layer of gov't granted rights (and often a compulsory license) and only later discovers that these "threats" were really opportunities all along.

The latest such example comes from an absolutely extraordinary statement from Paul Aitken, the executive director of the Authors Guild, upon hearing that the new Amazon Kindle has an experimental text-to-speech factor. Rather than think about how this feature might expand readership, he immediately insisted that it's illegal to use it:
    "They don't have the right to read a book out loud. That's an audio right, which is derivative under copyright law."
    By that reasoning pretty much any use of text-to-speech software is illegal, which would make for a fascinating legal case. And, actually, if you take that reasoning further, any reading outloud from a book that is not yours is also a violation of copyright law, according to Aitken. Read to your kids at night? Watch out for the Authors Guild police banging down your door. I would think that in purchasing a book, some of the associated rights that come along with it are the right to either read it aloud or have someone else read it aloud to you, but perhaps we'll soon be hearing about a special new "text-to-speech" right with a special compulsory license that will add a nice little extra charge to every book you buy. In the meantime, who put the Luddites in charge of the Authors Guild?

So then are the endless quotes, scans, printouts and 'copy and pastes' including now videos of all the Watchtowers material on this forum for the last 10 years copyright violation and piracy too?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit