Double Dog Dare: My Bio

by onacruse 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• onacruse
    onacruse

OK, here I go! (xenawarrior and minimus, take note that I am a man of my word!)

Chronology: I am 50. Was born and raised a JW, reg pub @ 6, baptized @ 10, reg pio (B4 HS graduation) and giving public talks @ 17, went to Bethel @ 18, left Bethel @ 20, married (1st time) @ 21, df'd @ 29, divorced @ 30, reinstated @ 30, remarried @ 32, df'd again @ 48, divorced again @ 49. One heck of a roller-coaster, eh?

Disfellowshipping: Both my df'ings were for apostasy. First time was precipitated by 1975. I remember telling a classmate that if Arm did not happen by 1975, I would have to seriously re-examine my religion. Guess what? hehe. Got involved with a round-robin group of elders and MSs (about 20 total in group, 3 congs) about the budding "apostasy" fall-out, and foolishly thought that taking it to the wall would accomplish something. Got booted. Decided to get reinstated so I could be back with my family (all still JWs). 2nd df'ing came from attempting to "fade," after '90s "new light" re: separation of sheep and goats, generation, etc. I expressed myself a little too freely with 1 elder, and even though the CO found no fault, an "investigative committee" and JC harassed me for 1 1/2 years, 6 meetings. I walked out of the last 2 meetings, told them they could take their legalism and do what they must (yes, I was very PC).

Divorces: Both were initiated by my JW wives, because of me being df'd. The 1st, I was cuckolded by my elder-friend-employer who had an affair with my 1st love. He played the game, and played it to the hilt. They are still married. The 2nd was (IMHO) because we had raised her kids (not mine), she had a new house (built by me), a new car (bought by me), and no JW visitors (because of me).

Education: Had a 3.7 GPA in HS, didn't even TRY. Turned down free-ride offers to top schools in the country; after all, Arm was just a few years away, why waste my life on a college education?! (Would have been a theoretical physicist) Started studying Greek, Hebrew and Latin in the early 70s, at first because I wanted to add some "meat" to the food <<bleck>> provided by the FDS. It quickly became a refuge for me, as I would sit in the boring meetings and read my non-WTS lit and only comment when something came up that caught my attention. Early 90s, I had to go to college for a midlife career change, and WOW did those sociology, philosophy and history classes open my mind! Talk about living in a cave!

Personal: Quite frankly, I am still too wound up in the PTS to adequately chronicle my current condition. I will monitor this thread (just my 3rd) and respond to any questions accordingly. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK. (I'm no good at this kind of writing, not like Amazing).

Acknowledgements: I thank AlanF for his feedback over the last 10 years. Much as I resisted the thought, he made me aware that there IS life outside and after the WTS.

Most important: I thank my lucky stars that I have found this board and have a place to heal.

Craig

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I have to go somewhere right now and wanted to reply to this so I can read it when I get back.

This way all I have to do is click on my desk top and go right to the thread.

see ya in a little while

plum

• maximumflash
    maximumflash

Most important: I thank my lucky stars that I have found this board and have a place to heal.

Craig

Craig, I am glad that you found a place to heal....but I still think your picture looks "goofy." LOL :D

On a serious note, interesting life experience. That is a big roller coaster. Hope this board is helping you.

• blondie
    blondie

Craig, sounds like you have been on more than a cruise. My life is boring compared to yours (of course as a brother you had a few more opportunities). It's time to take inventory and see what you have going for you (sounds like a lot), where you have been, where you are, and where you want to go. Just take it a day at a time. AlanF is a good sounding board.

I always remind myself I didn't get here overnight.

Also, one of my favorite quotes, "It's only too late when you are dead."--Malcolm Forbes (a man who lived life)

• Farkel
    Farkel

onacruise,

: Was born and raised a JW, reg pub @ 6, baptized @ 10, reg pio (B4 HS graduation) and giving public talks @ 17, went to Bethel @ 18, left Bethel @ 20, married (1st time) @ 21, df'd @ 29, divorced @ 30, reinstated @ 30, remarried @ 32, df'd again @ 48, divorced again @ 49. One heck of a roller-coaster, eh?

You were DF'd for excessive use of "at" signs, right? This is "Bible-Based(tm)" so you shouln't be tempted to bitch about it!

BTW, I'm 54 and appreciate you being so candid.

Farkel

• onacruse
    onacruse

Oops, forgot!!!

Copyrighted by Craig B. Mills. Any modifications will be subject to review by the US Supreme Court

LOL

• outnfree
    outnfree

Craig,

It's been so nice getting to know you these past few months! Sorry for your troubles ... NOT sorry you're now here!

Hugs,

out

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

onacruse

I read your post. Thought you were farkel.

Just kidding.

btw we don't need to be amazing to write interesting! ;)

Glad you're posting I like reading your responses.

Plum

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

((((((( Ona ))))))

A roller coaster ride indeed. I know how much you had to hurt telling your story, and I am grateful that you had the courage to do so. By sharing your story you remind many that they can overcome obstacles in their path. Hopefully giving strength to others with similar pains.

You have emerged triumphant although not unscathed. The battles you have one I am sure brings wisdom that you can pass on to others.

You bring hope to others who may see no beginning to an endless journey of pain, hope that they too may battle on. I have enjoyed meeting and speaking with you in chat as has my husband, maximumflash.

I hope the rest of your days and years are filled with joy and happiness.

Love,

Cassi

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

No good at this kind of writing, my boots. Your story is touching on many levels. I think that we have discussed this before, but what is it you do now / went to college for? From the perspective of one who also turned down college because "Armageddon is just around the corner" and is now thinking about college, I would love to hear your reply.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit