Selective Banning

by Elsewhere 75 Replies latest jw friends

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

lol!

simon, since you're around right now... have we been told who the mods are (i only know of eman and hillary)?? if so, can you direct me to where it is stated. and if not, can it please be made known to us? thanks.

• Simon
    Simon

No, sorry Bea

The reason I have not done this is that I think it is a bit unfair of me to land them with this 'headache' in the current climate. No doubts in time they will become known. Although, the fact that they are not after over a month shows how little moderation has been done.

• JanH
    JanH

Simon,

I'll translate: People who disagree with me are dumb 'cause I have read lots of books.

I find your sudden position of radical skepticism amusing. Sorry for using such a long expression. I read it in a book.

Just for curiousity: Is it your position that any idea and belief is just as valid as any other, or was that just a convenient ad hoc position for sniping at me now?

- Jan

• dubla
    dubla

jan-

You are a bigot.

please provide proof of my bigotry, or i expect an apology for the slander.

so we're even.

i didnt know it was a competition, but okay.

What you accused me of doing, is exactly what you and a significant number of other participants do when you run out of patience.

i accused you of alot of things. if youre trying to say that ive used insults on the forum at one time or another, i would only reply that ive never denied this. i certainly dont rely on personal attacks to the extent that you do, but i think most of us are guilty of it at some point. as far as the rest of the yk/jan similarities i pointed out, id challenge you to show me how ive exhibited these qualitites when ive "run out of patience".

simon-

I'll translate: People who disagree with me are dumb 'cause I have read lots of books.

LOL.

aa

• Valis
    Valis

Jan...sir I have indeed read Animal Farm. Don't make me call you Squealer!!! Look man...I admire you for taking the high road in regards free speech and I'm sorry I couldn't elucidate to your satisfaction. Have a good one. *wondering if I need to go to Norway to settle this over a hardcore game of hopscotch...ah or better yet Chinese checkers*..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• JanH
    JanH

I did provide evidence of your bigotry. Not that it was necessary. You provide ample evidence yourself, in your linked threads and your statements here.

As for your comparison of me and YK, it was just mere assertions with no supporting evidence. It's like saying we both are carbon based lifeforms. That is a characteristic I am actually more emberrassed to share with you than with him.

Now, little bigot, I will for the sake of peace:

dubla *plonk*

- Jan

• Simon
    Simon
    Just for curiousity: Is it your position that any idea and belief is just as valid as any other, or was that just a convenient ad hoc position for sniping at me now?

Of course not - how can ideas and beliefs be equally valid when some can easily be disproved? I think ideas and beliefs that correspond with facts are much more valuable.

I find the prone position is best for sniping ... preferably with a sandbag to rest on.

• JanH
    JanH

Simon,

Of course not - how can ideas and beliefs be equally valid when some can easily be disproved? I think ideas and beliefs that correspond with facts are much more valuable.

Then we agree.

Some ideas are actually disproved in books.

Just thought I should mention it.

- Jan

• dubla
    dubla

jan-

youve provided no evidence as you imagine. again, im not sure why im a bigot because i simply did not agree with your radical stance on the military action, but okay. as far as my comments here go.........accusing you of sounding like yk is bigotry? lol, you really need to lay off the bottle.

As for your comparison of me and YK, it was just mere assertions with no supporting evidence.

well, if youd like supporting evidence of each individual accusation, id be more than happy to compile a list tomorrow (dont have the time today, im getting ready to jump off of here as we speak). rest assured, id have no problem putting together a host of examples to back up each accusation.

aa

• bitter mango
    bitter mango
    No, sorry Bea

The reason I have not done this is that I think it is a bit unfair of me to land them with this 'headache' in the current climate. No doubts in time they will become known. Although, the fact that they are not after over a month shows how little moderation has been done.

hmm interesting.

unfair?? did they not agree to all the responsibilities of becoming mods??

it's not nice to keep secrets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit