Born Again Christians

by Celia 34 Replies latest jw friends

• barry
    barry

All christians are born again the bible says so. The problem with some born again is they beleive only they are saved because they speak in tonges. Speaking in tonges is on of the gifts but there are other gifts from the holy spirit some still insist that they need to speak in tonges. Barry

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

I have a bumper sticker that says "Born Again Pagan"... Do I get saved for that?

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Wow, you've got balls Spider. Your car doesn't get trashed?

I've found that there are plenty of ignorant Christians in my area even though there is a huge contingent of Pagans here. Of course that could be the problem, maybe the feel that Saaaatan is intruding on their holy space.

The furthest I would go is a 'Blessed Be' sticker.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

SS, I found it to be more serious. I was expecting comedy. I wish I still had it. Been out of print for many years, now.

Lew W

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Comf: "Borg again" LOL Too funny but sadly...too true.

Been too a few of the "charismatic" services. My impression of them is JW's on Acid.

I found most of them to be just as judgemental as elder's wives.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Dakota

Thanks. I may try to find a used one.

SS

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I have been to a few non-denominational born again woo-hoo jesus services myself. I have to TOTALLY agree with the JW's on Acid.

I was actually told by more than a few members I was not singing, or rolling in the isles and that I was not really worshiping Jesus and bringing praise to his name. Oh well, to each his own, I am not going to blast any born-againers who post here, but I just can't fathom it myself. But that's me.

My one crusade in life will be to never paint an entire group of people with the same brush. And I have met some very sweet individual Born Again people. However that being said (I know I am hijacking this thread, and I know I am going to get flamed for this) how come so few here extend that same non-sterotypical view to JW's? Sure I don't agree with the views, I think those views warp the individual mind, but I don't feel that makes those individuals bad, nor do I feel that all JW's are evil.

Oh well, just struck me while I was reading this, sorry...

As for the whole going to church on sunday or not going to the school, how awful! That education can be so conditional sometimes blows me away, but oh well. The nature of private schools is they get to do whatever they want to whom ever they want and they don't have to have the same standards as public schools. But now I am ranting on something else. Haha! I'm going to stop before I get three more tangents going here...

• Carmel
    Carmel

Come on Dakota! You've had a bad experiance with one cult and heard a story or two about another abusive Christian group. Does that qualify in your book as experiance with "all religion"? Kinda painting the whole world with one brush aintcha?

carm

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Sorry, Carm, but I hardly depend on hearing stories about other groups. I was raised in the First Assembly of God, married to a Catholic for 12 years and looked into many religions, including the Mormons before I became a JW. One uncle became a self professed Born Again preacher back in the 60's.

I didn't intend it to sound like I lumped all BAs together, but the ones I have met and tried to talk to personally, have all struck me as being nearly as bad as the JWs. I have lost count of the times I have been condemned to hell because I don't believe in the trinity. Never have, never will.

Lew W

• JT
    JT

WHILE SOME WILL try to paint thier religion as a Kinder , Gentiler religion-- all belief systems for the most part share the same common thread including BORN AGAIN-:

"WE have the Hookup with god and if you don't share our view my god will kill you/ punish you/ your life will not have the same degree of purpose as mine"

this is the common thread that you will find in almost all major belief systems - in fact they really don't have a choice in the matter for one to admit that other belief systems are just as good or better than theirs is a contridiction of statement

sorta like getting a Ford Dealer to tell you that GM makes better cars

they just can't do it---

I have yet to find a believer in a major Born again faith concede that the Muslium faith will provide the same level of relationship with god as thier do

so while many try to be kinder - the bottom line is mine is right and yours is wrong

that is just the nature of a Belief System that claims to be directed by a divine being

james

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit