Thanks for the BS

by safe4kids 28 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I've spoken to Ginny and she has agreed not to press charges, so long as I, as she phrased it, "continue to put out".

Edited by - SixofNine on 18 August 2002 14:21:18

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hey there lady I'm right here beside you on this one.

I understand totally how you are feeling. I've had many times feeling disgusted too over different directions some individuals were trying to take this board. I've written and deleted more thoughts before I could post them, that I could count, so I'm glad to hear you venting about this. I know for a fact there are more out there that feel the same way.

I am really disappointed in seeing so many so-called adults behaving worse than children, stamping their feet because they don't get their way. Sometimes a 4-letter word does get the point across better, but it certainly becomes abused here too often.

However, there are so many positive things this board has to offer and so many useful purposes this board serves. Well-thought out posts using discretion, maturity, and caring do more good than someone who displays a selfish, too-full-of-themselves attitude. I still firmly believe we do more harm to those who are confused and searching, when some here act just like the WTS says xjws act. And just because we "can", does that automatically mean we have to "do"?

This board has posters with such a wealth of knowledge of the WTS's past and as such, can be an invaluable aid in helping those searching for answers. It has many who are dedicated to easing the pain of those trying to deal with their pain caused by the WTS. It has many who are enthusiastic in finding ways to chip away at the control of the WTS on the unsuspecting masses. Others are gifted with a great sense of humour that can accomplish so much to lighten the day and ease the tension, and there's alot more too.

I trust Simon and Angharad's judgement and sense of fairness in dealing with this nonsense. I would like to think that those who are stomping around, crying "unfair", will eventually calm down and "hear" what's being explained to them, analyze it, stew over it and hopefully feel silly over reacting as they did.

You've received alot of good, sensible replies already, so I'll just say, shoot me an email or give me a call when things get to you...and I'll do the same...OK?

There, I'm done now...and I feel better too. {{{{{{Dana}}}}}}

Had Enough

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Thanks to everyone for their comments...sorry if it sounded like a request for support; it was more venting on my part, as I was just fed up with the crap, here and elsewhere.

ISP yep, there are many weird folks around and many with their own agendas. As you say, you learn. And I'm hoping against hope to make it over there next summer! Saving my pennies

((((Ang and Cassi))) thanks for the calls and the hugs! Gee, maybe I should vent more often! LOL

((((((HadEnough)))))) I agree that there are many positives here. I think that this board has helped a great deal in getting attention focused on the plight of children being abused within the WTS. I've also met some great people; you're definitely at the top of that list. I don't mean to sound as though I never act childishly or react emotionally to stuff...good grief, I could be the poster child for over reacting! But I, like you, have many times deleted posts, waiting until I've cooled off a bit before throwing my words out there. I don't want to offend people; sometimes I take that too far. I'm just frustrated I guess with the lack of honesty and common courtesy that is so often displayed. Whatever...my rant is over; I'm just highly combustible in the mornings

You've received alot of good, sensible replies already, so I'll just say, shoot me an email or give me a call when things get to you...and I'll do the same...OK?

Deal!

Dana

• ISP
    ISP

Look forward to seeing you next you next Summer if possible. You can stay with us, if you want! simon's only 15 mins away!

ISP

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

ISP thanks for the invitation! That's very kind of you and your wife

simon's only 15 mins away!
    I can think of all kinds of replies to that, but all of them would directly go against Simon's desire to keep this place clean, and might also endanger my friendship with Ang

Dana

• somebody
    somebody

dana,

I can understand why you feel the way you do. I ,along with others who have spoken up in your thread feel as you do. Sometimes I don't know wether to leave it alone ( what's been going on the pat few days), or speak my mind. I think you VERY well summed up what SO MANY of us are thinking and wanting to say.

For me,this board has been of very much help to too many to give up. It's points that Simon said that make me stay, after thinking about it. And that is is that it really is a minority of people who just look for trouble here.

I miss you, tracy, and all the gang that used to hang out in the chat. I miss the old days. and think about you all often. You are ONE STRONG PERSON. I wish the best for you. Someday, I'll find myself ready to move on myself. For the time being, I'm here to stay. I do what Angarad does. I take breaks when I find myself getting really mad. Either that, or I just vent like you did!

love,

gwen

• Simon
    Simon
    I can think of all kinds of replies to that, but all of them would directly go against Simon's desire to keep this place clean, and might also endanger my friendship with Ang

Ooh eh !

lol

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hey Gwen!

I miss the old days too It seemed like such lighthearted, harmless fun back then, didn't it? *sigh* perhaps I'm just remembering thru rose colored um..er..memories. But anyway, I miss you too and I'm so glad that you and Zev have each other and are so happy. You deserve it! Thanks for your good wishes

Simon...BEHAVE! LOL

Dana

• Jesika
    Jesika

Hi Safe,

I haven't been here long, and have chosen to ignore all the arguing. I have my own opinions on this matter, but like I was told as a child you can't please everyone no matter how hard you try. I just overlook the disagreements and choose to look for the helpful and insightful threads here. I love to chat with the ones here and even there we don't always agree. If I click on a thread and my eyes start rolling I just hit the back button-lol.

I do enough arguing with family and chose not to argue with someone who is set on how they feel. It will only upset you and the others involved. I have stopped bringing up issues with my own family that make total sense cause they are set in their ways and opinions. Please don't let this stop you from coming here cause there are alot of people who care and want to help. I just choose to look the other way on certain issues, since I have not done so in the past I will not say I always do this, but I do try. My advice to myself and others is- don't type in anger, think first and you will probably save yourself alot of stress.

Love you,

Jesika---------(just my 2 cents worth)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit