Silentlambs new logo?

by mikepence 18 Replies latest jw friends

• mikepence
    mikepence

A friend offered this as a possible new silentlambs logo. What do you think?

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

I LIKE IT....QUEENIE

• mikepence
    mikepence

It looks really good on a t-shirt too...

It will, of course, be up to Bill if he wants to use it. Expect to see a new silentlambs online store, to raise funds for the march, coming up...

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

C O O L !!

I love it.

Orangefatcat

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

I WILL BUY A T-SHIRT size 3-4X please--I LIKE MY T-SHIRTs roomy !! I aint PG just FAT!! QUEENIE / LINDA LOU

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

When a issue is at its peak, the last thing you want to do is change logo or you might loss image recognition and people may think you are someone else.

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

AN ON LINE STORE I THINK IS A GOOD IDEA / T-shirts/mugs, stuffed animals like say a cuddly lamb.for the kids to hold on to..just a suggestion MIKE. QUEENIE

• mikepence
    mikepence

Yeah but...silentlambs needs a new logo. It is not as if their existing one is that well known. I doubt they will suffer damage to their brand recognition, which is the topic you are referring to...

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Sorry, but I work in advertising for a living and I see people make this mistake all the time.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I think it leaves room for alot of improvement, design wise. It could tell the story of the cause much more directly and powerfully, and if there is going to be a change, I would like to see it still tie into the old logo (for the reason listed by Kenpo), which I agree needs some redesigning for print, now that I look at it. I don't see this color as being very appropriate either, it has sort of a, "get Bob in accounting to do a logo for the company picnic. Oh, and make sure he uses the Wamco company teal color too!" look to it.

Sorry, I'm pretty damn opinionated about these types of things. Don't get mad at me, you're a writer not a designer , besides, I gave you 10 bucks! lol

This could be the logo for a group helping Rising Star Autistic Sheep-Herding 4H'ers or something. That's my curmudgeonly way of saying I think the stars are a bad idea, as they have nothing to do with the cause, and, in fact, seem antithetical to the cause.

Crude as it might be, I'd prefer to see the current (used at the top of Bill's web-site) li'l lamb but with the Silentlambs text not directly over it, for print (I think it works as is for the web). I think that would be preferable to this. In fact, I think that would be fine. Perhaps a black "X" over the lambs mouth.

jmo, of course.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit