DO U BELIEVE IN LIFE AFTER DEATH?

by Mary 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

I really don't know what I beleive right now. In order to be a spirit you would have to get one at some time in your life, when does this occur? At fertilization or at birth? How would your personality be preserved so you would know yourself? If you died as an infant would you forever be an infant? Would your friends and relatives know you, and you them? Is it a natural process or would another creature greater than you have control of your transformation? There are too many unanswered questions for me to form an informed opinion, it would just be like believing in a God again, where we make up our own view of him from our imagination or from someone else's.

I will just wait and see.

Did anyone see the part where O'Riely interviewed the scientist who said that it had been proven that there was life after death? I missed most of it. It would have been interesting.

Ken P.

• Mary
    Mary

Wow! It seems that the majority here do believe that something happens at death - quite the opposite as to what we were taught as Dubs. I always remember brothers on the platform trying to explain away scriptures like the ones mentioned here that support the idea of life after death, as either "symbolic" or "it applies only to the annointed".

Virtually every religion on earth believes in a life after death. JWs and other Adventist religions are about the only ones that don't. Perhaps that's one reason why so many Dubs lead a double life: they figure there's nothing after death, so they got nothing to lose.

Well, I guess we'll all find out in time.......thanks for your comments.

• Mackin
    Mackin

You mean I'm alive now?

• Swan
    Swan

Mary wrote:

Virtually every religion on earth believes in a life after death. JWs and other Adventist religions are about the only ones that don't. Perhaps that's one reason why so many Dubs lead a double life: they figure there's nothing after death, so they got nothing to lose.

Exactly. I believed all of that stuff since I was a small child. And I also believed that Jehovah could read my mind and my heart. So I was pretty sure I wouldn't make it throught the Great Trib. I WAS SCARED TO DEATH!

I actually figured that my best chance of making it was to die before the Big A so that I would be ressurected. I thought of suicide, but couldn't bring myself to do it.

Now I am at peace with it all. If there isn't an after-life, well life has been real good in the last 8 years as an xDub. If there is an after-life, cool!

Tammy

Edited by - UglyDuckling on 17 August 2002 14:20:35

Edited by - UglyDuckling on 17 August 2002 14:26:38

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit