DO U BELIEVE IN LIFE AFTER DEATH?

by Mary 33 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Mulan, I've always wanted to have one of those experiences
    but so far no luck.

Is it foggy like a dream or explicit like something that happened
    fully conscious? Do other senses work in the experience? or is it numb?
    I gotta get a good collection of these accounts to look at.

metatron

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I am thinking worm food...

• libra_spirit
    libra_spirit

Yes I do. I have been out also. The expierences I have had outside my body are too much evidence for me to ever question it again.

It is very natural and not related to Religion at all. It is like waking up to a part of yourself you forgot but are most comfortable in.

The senses are not like being in the physical, but the knowing is much greater, the intuitive part. You do percieve others but if you look closely at them, you also know things without speaking. There is a communication happening beyond the physical body, and the being that is you is not limited to the body. The body is part of us, but we are much more.

Wow, I am surprised so many are willing to speak up about this, there are a lot of people on here who are not opened to this. My feeling is that it really does not mater whether I convince anyone or not. We will all find out at death anyway, until then it does not mater. Only the "fear" of death maters. The fear of death can be used by cults to control people and hold them. I would say to anyone asking me, do not fear death, it is the total equalizer of all of us, we will all go through that door someday. Face it and then go from there.

As a JW you never really have to face this issue, it was the most traumatic thing I ever dealt with after comming out.

• sundialer
    sundialer

Considering that 90+ percent of our bodies' cells die and are replaced over our lifetimes, it would be ridiculous to say that our bodies or brains are "us." Obviously our spirits inhabit the human form as a vessel on the part of our magnificent journey. My belief is that, when the force of life can no longer maintain that vessel, our spirit moves on. What form it may take from then on is anyone's guess.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Wow, I am surprised so many are willing to speak up about this, there are a lot of people on here who are not opened to this. My feeling is that it really does not mater whether I convince anyone or not.

I am totally in sync with you on this! Amen brother....

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

The senses are not like being in the physical, but the knowing is much greater, the intuitive part. You do percieve others but if you look closely at them, you also know things without speaking. There is a communication happening beyond the physical body, and the being that is you is not limited to the body. The body is part of us, but we are much more.

what libraspirit said.

i also want to add that we're more than nerves and impulses and bones and tissue... our soul is at the center of ourselves and defines our "being". when we die, the soul exits our physical body and goes somewhere else. don't ask me where, but i do believe this, completely.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Even though I used to be a skeptic, I have had too many personal experiences to further ignore the possiblity of life after death.

Yes, I believe that we survive death but what happens aferwards, I do not wish to speculate on.

Robyn

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

It depends who's on the otherside

No just kidding. Yes of course I do but in what form, I'm not sure, But I do think that there exists in the vast universe somewhere there is another place of existence. We have no idea what is beyond our universe as it is an infinety, and eternal.

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

like most other topics, i'm open to suggestions and to changing my mind , and my thoughts on this subject vary day to day. but i stand firm in the belief that thinking these things over too much and spending a lot of time worrying or trying to find answers is pointless. we're never going to know if there is a god, if something spectacular happens when we die.. or something horrible, if there is something greater out there than us, some other worlds, etc. but it is interesting to think about from time to time. so, i'm not about the whole 'yes' or 'no' answers to these types of things. but i will say this... if there is something after death, i want to come back as naeblis' boxers !

• Incense_and_Peppermints

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit