Anyone know the Weight Watchers point system?

by LyinEyes 22 Replies latest social physical

• jack2
    jack2

Lyin', glad you liked it!! I didn't want to make light of your post, but I couldn't resist taking a shot at The Subway Spokesman himself.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

The four-word diet, guaranteed to result in weight loss:

Eat less, exercise more.

• roybatty
    roybatty

Hey, I don't know exactly how it works but two ladies here at work are doing it plus working out and they have lost a ton of weight. Unbelievable.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I have seen so many kinds of diets, from low carb, no carb, fat free, calorie counting etc. but basically I think exercise is the key.

I know it motivates you to watch what you eat so you are not sweating your butt off in vain.

I personally can not stay on the Adkins, extreamly low carb diet,, I get sick. And freak out to the smell of fresh bread baking..LOL

But I think what ever diet you choose , moderation and excercise is the key . And the weight watchers too me, seems like a balanced program.

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

Weight Watchers is a great program...but as with any weight loss program,you have to stick with it...it really isn't a diet,it is a life change.You can't lose weight and then expect to go back to your old ways...then of course you will gain it back(and then some:) ).

I have been a lifetime member for 13 years,and I think part of the reason it works is the support you get.You meet people of all shapes and sizes,who are all in the same boat as you are.It's great that you will be doing it with people you know...that way you can exercise together,try out new recipes together and all that good stuff.And it helps if you treat yourself every once and a while too:)

Good luck....you can certainly e-mail me(it's in my profile)if you have any questions.I also subsribe on line,so if you need any recipes or anything I'd be glad to look them up for you.

• Almost There
    Almost There

As Mulan suggested, I think it is worth it to go to the meetings. You learn great tips and get great tasting recipes. The books that give you the points for about everything you eat are wonderful also.

I started weight watchers in March of this year and have lost 30 pounds and I'm still losing.

I don't follow the point system as strictly as I did when I first started. But I do practice portion control, adding a lot of fiber to my diet (whole grains, fruits and vegetables), LOTS of water and exercise.

And I feel like a new person, but I'm beginning to look like the old me. I just have to lose 30 more pounds to meet my goal and get back to the weight that I was when I got married 10 years ago.

Almost There

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Wow , you all have inspired me today, thanks Roy for bringing this topic back up.

I used to dance more than I have lately since son is in football, and it is showing, LOL.

So , i hate to think of giving up foods I love , so for me the moderate portion thing sounds best for me, you know make no food off limits. If you do, you just want it more. I eat out of stress sometimes too, so I am working on that.

Exercise is something I just have to make myself do, but my sister wants to start walking and the kids want rollerblades, so they can skate while I walk.

Since we live on a street that has people flying down it half the time, I wont let them ride bikes or skate in road. I thought if I get them their bikes out , rollerblades ,and let them on the road, I will be right there with them walking along to watch out for them. I know they will love it. So right now that is my motivation.

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Exercise is something I just have to make myself do,

I've always loved sports but excercising wasn't my favorite. However, I've been going to the gym 3 - 4 times a week, for about 2-1/2 years. It's now become a habit and it's really been paying off. Body is in better shape but the stress level has come down tremendously. I can feel so much better after a good workout. Personally I mix it up between weights and cardio.

Anyway, I've seen several people at work do the Weight Watchers point program and it's worked. I guess they just track their calories and make sure that they don't exceed the limit. All I know is this one lady who had a butt the size of the back of a Buick now has one the a third the size. But besides the new diet she does excercise. You're right about it being good motivation. Good luck with whatever you try!!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Something I keep forgetting..................duh, is that if you don't get the insulin in your body, balanced, you will NEVER lose weight. I think that is why the Atkin's diet works so well. Nearly eliminating carbs will stop the constantly fluctuating insulin levels.

That also explains why a diabetic (Type 1) will suddenly lose a ton of weight, just before the illness is diagnosed. The pancreas isn't producing insulin anymore.

On the other hand, Type 2 diabetics are usually very overweight, for the same reason............ Insulin out of control.

That's your health lesson for the day.

• ballistic
    ballistic

After I gave up smoking, I said the next thing was to get fit. Well all I've done so far is halved my meat intake and switched beer to wine. I have lost a stone and a quarter in 5 and half weeks!!!! I haven't even started exercising yet, that comes next.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit