Did you know I am a "horrible person"?

by Mulan 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

I spoke to my niece last night, who is getting a divorce. Her soon to be ex-husband told her it was announced that she is disassociated, recently. News to all of us. It hasn't trickled down to our town. They live a little North of us.

Anyway, while they were talking, he said how HORRIBLE all people who stop going to meetings are. They are just horrible apostates. She challenged him and asked him who he meant. He of course, mentioned my husband and myself, who he blames for his wife leaving the "truth" and leaving him. (no connection..............she wasn't talking to us, to please him............discovered everything on her own)

She said, "if they are so horrible, why aren't they disfellowshipped?" His reply was "It's a terrible scandal that they aren't disfellowshipped. They should be."

A few days ago, I took my mother to a sister, to have a permanent. I used to go to her too, and hadn't seen her since we stopped going to meetings and assemblies. She greeted me very warmly, with a big hug. We chatted a bit, and then I left Mom there. When I came back, she hugged me again and said how wonderful it was to see me. Mom won't tell me what they talked about. Damn!

Today, I was visiting my best friend, who is still a witness and refuses to cut me off, and is recovering from surgery. Her sister in law (a devoted dub from a nearby congregation) is taking care of her. We all know each other. We all sat and talked for about 1 1/2 hours, very friendly, catching up on our lives.

Why am I so horrible? It's all so silly. Only selected ones from my niece's family, and our old congregation shun us. How weird is that?

• wasasister
    wasasister

Mulan: YOU know who you are, WE know who you are, so who cares what THEY think?

Maybe you are treated differently because your family was "high profile" while in. It's embarassing for them to lose somebody like you and your husband.

I know you are grateful for having Princess and others in your family remaining close to you.

I wish I knew more "horrible people" just like you!

Wasa

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I guess he has to blame someone. He can't blame himself now can he? LOL

• outnfree
    outnfree

LOL, Lilacs!

That's just what I was thinking!

Mulan,

You're a sweetie and don't you let anyone convince you otherwise!

out

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

*ashi rolls eyes*

He sounds like my in-laws. They're so wrapped up in the miscarriage this is their lives, that they consider anything bad to be SATAN (or APOSTATES) in big bold letters, and because SATAN isn't tangible, Witnesses find something real to blame for their life's woes...that is, except for themselves or their shady religion.

Mulan...to take care of your mother so well, and with all of the abuse you've received(in stride), you're a gem; but of course, you already know that.

ash

• Swan
    Swan

Mulan,

You are such a horrible person for a very good reason. It is so that they can feel better about their own pathetic lives. You give their life meaning. I feel sorry for them.

Having met you in person, I must say that you cover up the horrible part of your personallity very well. I couldn't really tell how horrible you are. I just hope I can be just as horrible as you someday.

Tammy

• TheRedPill
    TheRedPill

Mulan,

It seems to me that the ones who think that we are "horrible" are the ones without enough personal and mental strength to really examine where they are at. The people in our life that feel like that, and won't speak with us are, for the most part, people that are blind "sheep," only doing what they are told and never wondering why. They are uninterested in reasons, they only can do what "big brother" tells them to do. It is heart breaking. My wife had an experience today with someone that we knew for a long time that she ran into. The lady tried to just stay away, but Jen yelled "Hello _______!!!' across the room. Haha. I tell you what, if being a "horrible person" means that you are an intelligent, reasonable, thinking, loving, caring person than I will take a"horrible person" over a "brother" any day!!!

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Just think, get in line behind Mother Duck and blindly follow them and you can be a decent person again.

Funny thing, though, the Mulan I met seemed to be a very sweet grand lady.

Even funnier still, is my ex, although I am horrible too, trying to encourage me to come back the the dubs now. They just don't get it, do they? If they want horrible all they need do is pick up any Watchtower.

Lew W

• Mrs Ozzie
    Mrs Ozzie

Mulan,

From one "horrible" person to another, hugs and kisses and much understanding, we're all in the same family!

Love, Mrs Ozzie

• Xandria
    Xandria

Mulan,

If you are a horrible person... I wanna be horrible TOO!!

Xandria

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit