For Windchaser, who lost her son

by Cassiline 38 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Theres never enough time between the loss of a child and now. Never. My good friend lost her husband to death very young and she put something like this in his funeral program:

I've become that sailboat out on the sea, which you watch until you cannot see it any longer. But I have not gone, just when you cannot see me any longer, someone else who was watching for me sees me over the horizon and watches me with great joy, coming to them! That...is what dying is.

• witchywoman
    witchywoman

(((((((Windchaser))))))) I am so sorry.

witchywoman

• LDH
    LDH

(((((((((((((((Windchaser)))))))))))))))))

Only a parent could understand how much a child means.

Love,

Lisa

• Gopher
    Gopher

Windchaser,

With great empathy on the anniversary of your great loss. The bonds between parent and child are so strong -- even death cannot break them. He will always be a part of you. ((( Warm thoughts your way ))) from a fellow parent.

• Nikita
    Nikita

(((((((((((((((((((((Windchaser))))))))))))))))))))))))

Love,

Nikita

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Thanks Cassi for informing us about this sad time for windchaser.

Windchaser , you know we have shared something that are quiet similar in our lives and I was wondering if you were upset by something you said in a post. I feel bad because I havent emailed you to find out, I have learned a lesson today. I have been busying trying to post but have laced on my one on one emailing, my time on the computer has been cut down, kids are in school and it's been hell. But now things are settling in and I hope to use my time more wisely.

I will email you my cell number and I want you to call me,,,, after 8 pm central time I have unlimited yak time. I have been wanting to hear your voice for over a year now.You were the first person to be there when I need someone to just listen and understand, I will never forget that.

I am sorry about this sad date of your son's passing, I know that must be hell. I lost my mother 16 yrs ago this Sept. 15 and I am dreading that day,,,,,,,,, she has been in my thoughts so much here lately. But to lose a son, I can't even imagine... God I wish I could take some of your pain off of you, I can stand the hurt you must be going thru. But I can tell you I love you, and you have many friends here, so stay with us, don't be alone. Email me and others, and just cry your eyes out if you feel like it. You are a strong woman, but I know we all have our breaking points and it is ok to feel the way you do, your son would want you to be happy. When my mom died, things between us were not that great.. long story........ but somehow I feel more at peace with our relationship now. Who knows , maybe she is in heaven and is helping me to understand her better now. She is still the one who I think now, would accept me no matter what. And the weird thing is , it wasnt like that when she died, so many years ago. I have a sense of peace that I can't explain.

I am so sorry you are feeling so down, but it is understandable,,,,,,,,,,,you have many shoulders to cry on and many arms around you at this time.

Love you , Dede

THat picture of the dark haired angel, I swear I used to dream of this same face , same angel when I was a little girl,,,,,,,,,,, I swear it gave me chills. I want to look at it again. Thanks for posting it. I cant remember right off who posted this picture, it is beautiful and thanks again.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Awwwww, honey!

I am sorry, (((((windchaser)))). Those who have not lost a close one in death often don't understand how terrible anniversaries such as this are. I find that even if I don't consciously remember that a death anniversary is coming up, my subconscious does and I am blue often without realizing why until the actual date rolls around. I have lost my father, my sister and a nephew to death. I mourn them still. I have children and I can't imagine the pain of your loss which is so much greater.

Please try to feel the love and concern for you that we are all expressing here. If it would help to share memories of your child, please do.

Love,

Brenda

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

((((((Windchaser)))))) I am so sorry to hear this. As a Dad, I always worried about just that. I can only imagine the pain you must still feel. Such a sweet person as you having to endure this pain. Just know that we all care for you and are here for you. You are not alone, lot's of shoulders out here to lean on

Lew W

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

I'm so sorry, Windchaser.

The passing of a child is something that no parent ever gets over.

My thoughts are with you.

Take care,

Andee

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

(((((((((WIND))))))))))))

I heard your story. All my sympathy......

ash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit