CNN show viewed as Persecution by JW

by JT 22 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

I was telling the guys this morning here a work about the CNN show and how in the mind of JW all this public attention for so many of them is often viewed as bible prophecy being fulfilled in THEIR BEHALF.

I dare say that in a typical congo of 120 publishers only 4or 5 if that will stop and consider what all this means. So one of the guys asked how is that possible with all this stuff going on.I explained to him he needs to understand the indoctrination process for the avg jw.

Many for years esp in this country have not been totured and harmed they have only read about how in THE LAST DAYS THEY WOULD BE Persecution.

AND WITH the help of talks, articles and elders,co,do and bethel speakers they will be prepared to view this as SATAN IS ON THE WAR PATH

And I was thinking about how I too perhaps would have looked up all this attention as Proof that Jah people are under attack

I used to say in talks all the time that it is ONLY JW WHO are mentioned in the news, and how Satan is trying to make Jah look bad for example Michael Jackson, almost in every article on MJ they mentioned his faith and I would often ask from the platform

How many folks know what faith Billy Joel or Liz Taylor, or any other star for the most part is.

And I could see from the nodding heads that they got the point yes only jw are mentioned in the news to make jah look bad

. for many of us if we were allowed to think and question things I firmly believe that any of us would have left long time ago

but the way the System is setup the moment you start to go off track some jw be it pub, elder, co , article is right there to bring you back in line

I used to mention how if you hear NEGATIVE TALK what should you do friends and everyone would answer REDIRECT THE CONVERSATION BACK to something Spiritual AKA WT RELATED- SMILE

SO rarely have I ever heard of a gathering of jw were folks expressed their concern OPENLY ABOUT ISSUES Of concern

So while this show in my view and it has always been my goal will help NONJW TO NEVER BECOME apart of this group

For folks now see that the smiling couple on their doorsteps on sat morning are truly lost and part of a High Control groups

Most folk simply view JW as pest info like this sheds A LIGHT on an aspect of jw that most folks WOULD HAVE NEVER BELIEVED

As for the other 110-115 jw who stay behind after seeing and reading info like this show tonight we can only keep hope alive that one day they will wake up and smell the coffee.

getting info to folks is the key to getting out- I can only wonder how long Lady "C" and myself would have stayed if it had not been for the net.

today the avg person in the WEST has access to info that many of us ONLY DREAMED OF

can you see jw kids witnessing in school like many of us tried to do during holidays etc

today their classmates will offer them a printout off the net and if they reject it THEY ARE TOAST IN terms of trying to witness to their classmates.

I can see some Service meeting part where a 13yr old says:

"It is so hard to witness at school nowadays cause the students ask us questions they get off the net and we can't read it so we can't answer the questions"

james

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

JT-

This witness double-think makes me totally sick. I can't stand wanting to reason with these unreasonable people, not for my own purposes, but for my sister who is still in.

ash

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

You are right JT.

I do not see shows like this doing anything to the majority of JWs.

But it gets the public's attention and that is who we want most because that is what fills the revolving door at the WTS.

Also and just as important is the image of the WTS. It has never had publicty like this to deal with. It has always had reporters like Sharon Tubbs out of Tampa/St. Petes who prints the nice door knocking story.

This coupled with any win in court woud be a real killer to this organization and make it change to protect women and kids and maybe one day offer freedom to its people.

hawk

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

JT;

I can hear your talk as if I were still there.

> " I used to say in talks all the time that it is ONLY JW WHO are mentioned in the news, and how Satan is trying to make Jah look bad for example Michael Jackson, almost in every article on MJ they mentioned his faith and I would often ask from the platform " <

Now I realize the religion of a celebrity that is or becomes a Witness is mentioned by the media because Witnesses are looked at as a nutty cult.

HCM

• chester
    chester

JT,

Excellent Post.

You are right on as usual.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

JT:

You are quite right about how most JW's view this. But, if 5 out of 120 consider what this means, they will probably leave! That's 4%. In addition, as Hawk said, the greatest effect of these programmes will be to stop the supply of new recruits. Add in the ever increasing death rate for the aging Witness population, and you have a significant possible decline.

Also, the JW's use of the reasoning that Satan is persecuting them sets up a fairly severe bit of cognitive dissonance, imo. They will be well aware that these same journalists and media organisations have been doing exactly the same expose's to other religions over the years, especially the hated Catholics. The Watchtower has frequently crowed about it in their magazines.

"Were they persecuting the Catholics? How come for other religions it's exposing the truth, but for JW's it's persecution?" I'm sure questions like these will rear their inconvenient heads in the minds of many Witnesses. Perhaps after this, quite a lot of JW's will no longer view the Governing Body with quite the same hallowed aura as before. And that's an important step toward freedom.

Expatbrit

Edited by - expatbrit on 14 August 2002 11:54:42

• JT
    JT

This witness double-think makes me totally sick. I can't stand wanting to reason with these unreasonable people, not for my own purposes, but for my sister who is still in.

ash I agreee it is as if you want to shake them and make them see- and this is the reason it is so important that we educate ourselves on how High control groups work and most of all the effect that they have on members- what most folks would consider "Common sense" in the mind and life of a jw things take on a twisted view

allow me to give you one simple example

most folks would be tickled pink if their daughter got the chance to go to college to be a dr at no cost due to scholarships they would be very proud not so with the typical wt mindset

the avg jw esp a few years back would be embarrass to tell the friends that Sally just got accepted into harvard medical school esp as they are standing around the hall talking to the CO while other parents are relating how Sue is going to serve where the need is great

it is this type of Warp view of Values THAT often frustrates those of us who have left, yet that is why the indocrination is so constant meeting more meeting and more meeting , talks more talks, etc

it is what keeps the jw in line

and how sad

• JT
    JT

But it gets the public's attention and that is who we want most because that is what fills the revolving door at the WTS.

Also and just as important is the image of the WTS. It has never had publicty like this to deal with. It has always had reporters like Sharon Tubbs out of Tampa/St. Petes who prints the nice door knocking story.

##########

You are on the money

• JT
    JT

Now I realize the religion of a celebrity that is or becomes a Witness is mentioned by the media because Witnesses are looked at as a nutty cult.

HCM

bottom line my friend

• JT
    JT

Chester

how are you doing this am---- we will see on thursday

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit