Watchtower judges man on size of nose.!!

by avengers 36 Replies latest jw friends

• avengers
    avengers
    it makes me wonder what the full context was

yeah, me too.

• amac
    amac

yeah, me too.
    I guess that means you don't have access to the full article. Maybe Quotes or someone else on this thread does? Please?

• amac
    amac

I guess no one has access to the article. That's a shame, I was hoping to find out if the WT was misquoted or not.

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Jimmy Durante = King Solomon

-- M

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Here is the page from the Golden Age ...........Hope you all can read it cause I have no clue how to copy Adobe reader

Edited by - cassiline on 15 August 2002 16:18:42

• amac
    amac

Thanks so much Cassiline. It is a little hard to read but it works. What a ridiculous article! Now I can comfortably repeat the quote in this thread, knowing that it wasn't taken out of context.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

((((((((((((( Avengers ))))))))))) Missed you!!!!

Sorry about the size Amac, computer dummy here!!

Hey don't forget these lovely quotes;

The Watchtower Reprints, October 1, 1900, p.2706 ***

Though, once as black as charcoal, the Rev. Mr. Draper is now white. His people say that his color was changed in answer to prayer.

*** The Watchtower Reprints, July 15, 1902, p.3043 ***

While it is true that the white race exhibits some qualities of superiority over any other, we are to remember that there are wide differences in the same Caucasian (Semitic and Arvan) family.

*** The Watchtower Reprints, July 15, 1902, p. 3043 ***

Suppose a missionary and his wife removed to China; not only would the influence of the climate and soil be manifested upon themselves, but the same would be still more manifested in their children. Whoever will give careful attention to this matter will notice that each succeeding child born in that foreign country will have increasingly resemblance to the Chinese - the hair, the skin, the shape of the eyes, and in general all features will bear closer resemblance with each succeeding child. We can readily suppose that if so much change occurs in a few years, ten or twenty centuries under similar conditions would turn any white people into regular Chinese, even supposing there were no intermarrying.

*** The Golden Age, July 24, 1929, p. 702 ***
    Question: Is there anything in the Bible that reveals the origin of the Negro? Answer: It is generally believed that the curse which Noah pronounced upon Canaan was the origin of the Black race. Certain it is that when Noah said, Cursed be Canaan, a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren, he pictured the future of the Colored race. They have been and are a race of servants, but now in the dawn of the twentieth century, we are all coming to see this matter of service in its true light and to find that the only real joy in life is in serving others; not bossing them. There is no servant in the world as good as a good Colored servant, and the joy that he gets from rendering faithful service is one of the purest joys there is in the world.

Edited by - cassiline on 15 August 2002 16:34:0

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I cannot believe that they printed doggy-doo (chraa---you figure out the language) like this.

They are Teez.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Well that did not work. Tried to fix above page from Golden Age

Edited by - cassiline on 15 August 2002 17:52:26

• avengers
    avengers

Hey Cami. Hope you're recovering. Your husband informed us while you were away. Thanks for finding the article in the GA. How you found it I'll never know. Great work.

..............love......................Andy.

Hey don't forget these lovely quotes;

Actually you should forget them. What shouldn't be forgotten is that the Leaders of Jehovah's Kingdom on Earth with their Spiritully Guided Wisdom actually wrote this. Aren't these Great Gems of Truth?

If I were to disagree with the Great Leaders about this subject do you think they will disfellowship me?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit