Watchtower judges man on size of nose.!!

by avengers 36 Replies latest jw friends

• avengers
    avengers

Watch Tower judges man on size of nose.

1921 "The size of the nose, as also the size of the eyes, is not without significance. The small-nosed man cannot have a judicial mind, whatever his other excellencies may be. And a man whose nose upturns can no more be expected to administer justice than a pug dog can be expected to act as a shepherd." {GA Jan 19 1921 224}

PS. For you that want to know. GA stands for Golden Age.

Another fine Truth from the GB. But then in those days they still had Jehovah's Spirit.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Well, they were in line with the Nazi beliefs on that one.

Didn't know about it though, amazing. Avengers, do you happen to have those old Watchtowers in Dutch?

Viv.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

LOL-Classic ignorance.

Yup, that one was inspired by God!LOL

ash

• jack2
    jack2

That's why Pinocchio would make a good elder.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I am very glad you posted this. This was one of the first things my husband showed me fromt he WT own stupid mouth. I thought how in the world did they get away with this kind of reasoning, and all of their reasonings were just as ridiculous. It was almost funny reading that the first time. I also remember these things: aluminum being demonized,dont cook with pots made from it; Soak up those sun rays, they are good for you ( that one was just ignorance more than stupid as the nose idea); no childhood vaccinations; your hubby can screw a goat, but that is not grounds for divorce and I think he could be sleep with another man, and not be grounds for divorce, but if it was a woman he cheated with , it would be grounds.

My head was swimming with these stupid ideas, made me think what idiots they were. Then I thought to myself,,,,,,,,,,, well in 10 or 20 years are the things we beleive in now going to sound just as ignorant? Yeah they are , I think they will change the blood issue very soon, as they are already trying to set that up. Many more changes, so many I couldnt keep up with them.

That was the beginning of my end with the WT,,,,,,,,,, I thought the men who wrote that stuff were clearly missing a few brain cells. And they continue to write in the same fashion, just maybe a little more careful due to lawsuits. Now all I see is double talk.........I can't stand to read their material at all anymore.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Wasn't Charles Taze Russell into phrenology, where he based a person's "spirituality" by the bumps on your head and the shape of your skull? I remember someone telling me that years ago. I think it was Lorri MacGregor.

• butalbee
    butalbee

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• minimus
    minimus

so what? the lite gets brighter and brighter.

• Europe
    Europe
    That's why Pinocchio would make a good elder.

And what about Mr. Bean????;-))

• You Know
    You Know

Another fine Truth from the GB. But then in those days they still had Jehovah's Spirit.

Just FYI, there was no such thing as a GB back then. / You Know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit