Armaggedon - JW Speculations

by In_between_days 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LDH
    LDH

Neon,

Apologies. I guess I meant the "Revelation" book.

Lisa

• In_between_days
    In_between_days
    I sincerely hope that reasoning upon this matters from Jehovah's standpoint will help some of you.

How do you mean, You Know?

• mevirginia
    mevirginia

Who's up for a new profile PIC?

• Alexisrforu
    Alexisrforu

Hi, I find all these postings interesting some amusing. What I noted in particular was when we were out in service and we were in a nice area, the sisters would always say," I want that house or I've been in that one, it's mine". At the time I just blew it off because who was I to say what would happen. It always bothered me however for people who were supposed to be going out and speading gods word being the judge of who would live or die. I always felt if I "made it through Armaggedon I would sleep in a cave if necessary".

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

IBD asked, "I would also like to ask how many thought when they were a JW that JW's were going to be the only survivors? And how many people know JW's now who think the same? I ask this because some dubs I know now say that only JW's will survive, and others say some worldly people too. I am interested in your response."

At the time I left - in the mid/late 70s - JWs were not at all shy about letting people know that ONLY JWs would survive Armageddon.

Now, with both Knorr and Franz taking the Big Dirt Nap, the vacillating panty-wearing weenies who make up the impotent Governing Body won't take a hard line selling this idea: I had an on-line discussion with an enthusiastic JW not long ago, and he insisted that "only Jehovah can read the hearts of men" and would avoid explaining why HIS religion (the JWs) could claim to be the only truth if it was possible that LOTS of other "lovers of righteousness" would survive Armageddon -which is what he tried to suggest.

Dubs today have had their spines removed. If it wasn't for their tin-plated WTROBOT suits, they'd fall over like boneless chickens.

http://tatanka.bmen.tulane.edu/~kenny/images/fs/toon45

• Alexisrforu
    Alexisrforu

Whether or not only JW's will be saved is a sourse of much speculation. I have not gone for only the last couple of years and even then they still said that it was like the arc of salvation, much like Noah and the arc. only 8 souls were saved this represented the world of mankind then. It could be true but if it is there will be many surprised people on the other side at who are not there. I have many family members that are not witness's and would like to believe very much that they would be saved. Since a JW molested 2 of them and then went free. And that is the reason they are not witness's I find it hard to believe that Jehovah would not take something like that into consideration and expanding that thought what about the over 23,000 silent lambs many of which are no longer associated would a god of love turn his back on them I think not. My opion only

• In_between_days
    In_between_days

Ive noticed the older Jw's (around 40 - 60) all seem to think that only JW's will survive, while younger ones (20's - 30's) think other faithful ones will also survive. You are very right Nathan.

Witnesses do avoid telling their house holders that all non - Jdubs are going to die. They do usually use the comments "I cannot judge - only Jehovah can do that".

I do remember, when I was alot younger the dubs had no problem telling everyone that they are the only ones who are going to survive. Now they seem to skirt around the issue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit