christmas

by Incense_and_Peppermints 20 Replies latest jw friends

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Aw, thanks, I&P. Actually, I miss having the Christmas Spirit I used to feel as a kid. That's why I will do what I can for my grandsons to feel it. Now that I'm no longer under the spell of JWism, I'm free to help my daughter make majic for her sons.

Ultimately, even though I do dislike Christmas, I enjoy seeing the smiles on small kids faces as they open presents and imagine an old man slipping down a chimney. They're only young once, so why not let them enjoy it?

As for Christmas in Vietnam, I guess they did what they could to bring some cheer to us. Although no tree or anything, small presents did show up from somewhere, I still don't know from who, Red Cross or somebody. Even the mess hall served turkey that wasn't burned all that much

This Christmas, I call on all to think of those men and women still in Ahghanistan and other hot spots around the world. Just a small card from a stranger means so much to them all. If I can find the site again, I'll post it around Christmas time to send messages to all of them.

Lew W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit