even if the "new system" never comes

by ConnieLynn 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn

Last night I called to do the "check-in" thing on my mom. She had just been to the assembly and she was all fired up and decided to give me an earful. Apparently, at the assembly all in attendance were told that "this is it" the end is nigh and they should do all they can to prepare for the impending destruction about to befall everyone. She asked me to talk to an elder again because she hates to think that I am going to lose my life outside of Jehovahs organization.

this conversation only went downhill. I told her that I was happy outside the "org" and then tried to plant some seeds and explain why. Her only response was that "even if the new system never comes, and the organization is wrong, she wouldnt go anywhere else" That floored me, totally blew my mind! How do you answer that? What does that mean? I felt very frustrated, it feels like beating you head on the wall.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Connie-

Do we have the same mom?

• LDH
    LDH

All three of us?

The last time I had words regarding JWs with my parents, my father said in a very loud voice, "You're not going to steal my faith!!!!"

Lisa

• out4good3
    out4good3

Have heard this numerous times from the hardcore older JW's

• minimus
    minimus

Forgive them, for they know not what they are saying.

• ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn
    Forgive them, for they know not what they are saying.

Easier said than done when "they" are your mother

c

• blondie
    blondie

Or this version "even if the new system doesn't come in my lifetime."

• minimus
    minimus

THEY ARE MY MOTHER!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Pbththt

Edited by - Elsewhere on 13 August 2002 22:23:3

• ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn

You know what Elsewhere? I find that offensive. This is my mother I'm talking about, not my ex- JW friend or cousin. And I asked for some feedback or help, not a slam on my mother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit