Is this doctrine still in in effect?

by WasOnceBlind 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WasOnceBlind
    WasOnceBlind
    Another thing, how does this fall in line with the new teaching of the anointed class not being the same as the faithful and discreet slave??
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

If it were any other way the 144k/FDS would be out of a job cause the other sheep/ great crowd wouldn't need them anymore.

Ohh, wouldn't that be sad.

• Splash
    Splash

Datadog has explained the doctrine, the WT teach these two positions:

1. Jesus is mediator for only the anointed.

2. Jesus is intercessor for the non anointed.

This begs the questions Whats the difference? and, before Jesus died who interceded prayers?

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

I am sure more than 80% of jw's have no idea of this doctrine.

It is a hidden but main doctrine!

• zimunzucz
    zimunzucz

Meat in due season- it took me a long time to figure that out. Basically, the WT provides what the JWs crave=

A- they are special= jehoover has chosen them alone, as his holy people

B- pretty soon, jehoover will destroy all the goats and really bad people, like the apostates here.

C They get a big reward for all their worthless field service work and literature study and the KH's they built and the money they donated to WT enterprises= JWs will get to cheat death and never have to worry about mortgages, retirement planning (what's that?), dying, getting sick, having cavities, cataracts, flatulence,etc- poof- it's all gone. Hooray!

---------------------------

It's sad but,

JWs wouldn't stay in the KH very long, if this reward wasn't constantly preached to them. Its what they crave and that's the least the GB can do for them. I think the GB has to know it's all a lie, but nevermind, JWs want the lie rather than the truth, so like a good corporate business, the customer gets what he wants. How many times can they rework the 1914 generation , until JWs forget about it? They forgot about Jesus the mediator a couple generations ago.

• jhine
    jhine

I did once question this with a couple of JWs I know they seemed OK with it . Maybe they didn't really understand it .

Of course it is not scriptural and has been pointed out serves to elevate the GB into Jesus' place .

Jan

• Clambake
    Clambake

Traditional Christianity teaches once you become a Christian you have a relationship with Jesus and that is how you are reconciled to god the father. This is your membership in the new covenant.

The JWs teach you are reconciled to god though your obedience to faithful slave or governing body.

I have often wondered if this was god’s plan for humanity , the bible would have been more clear about the subject, since the GB is actually replacing jesus. There should literally be hundreds of bible prophecies about the magical men in Brooklyn instead of just a vague parable that somehow becomes a prophecy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit