Is this doctrine still in in effect?

by WasOnceBlind 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WasOnceBlind
    WasOnceBlind

So something I never knew was the fact JW's were taught that Jesus is only the mediator for the anointed class and not for everyone. I only found this out after reading "Crisis of conscience" and I was actually pretty shocked to learn so. If that is the case, when they pray why even bother saying the words "in the name of Jesus Christ we ask"?

My question though is whether this doctrine is still in effect or whether "New Light" has been revealed (lol) about this?

• Londo111
    Londo111
    Yep. Still current.
  • sir82
    sir82

Still in effect.

It is yet another of those doctrines that the WTS cannot retract without embarrassment, yet cannot re-emphasize without causing a different kind of embarrassment, so they just don't mention it any more.

But as it has never been retracted, it is still an official teaching.

• tidalblitz
    tidalblitz
    Yes, finding out this was true brought tears to my eyes. I had no idea. The bible wasn't even meant for me? Then why bother?
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

Same here. Didn't realize this was a teaching until reading CoC. It was really a shock. I knew that they taught that we were "taking hold of the skirt" of the anointed, but I didn't realize that they meant that Jesus was not our mediator.

• pixel
    pixel

Current as of w08 12/15 p. 12:

The original-language word translated “mediator” is a legal term. It refers to Jesus as a legal Mediator (or, in a sense, an attorney) of the new covenant that made possible the birth of a new nation, “the Israel of God.” (Gal. 6:16) This nation is composed of spirit-anointed Christians, who form a heavenly “royal priesthood.” (1 Pet. 2:9; Ex. 19:6) The Law covenant, with Moses as mediator, was not able to produce a nation like that.

What about those who are not in the new covenant, those who hope to live forever on earth, not in heaven?...

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

I love how they say Jesus is not the mediator of the "Great Crowd" but don't actually use those terms. Now that I'm awake and thinking again, I can see their innuendos that I missed just a few months ago.

The same article that pixel quoted above states the following about those that are not part of the 144,000:

14. Why should all Christians, whatever their hope, truly appreciate Jesus’ role as Mediator?
    14 What about those who are not in the new covenant, those who hope to live forever on earth, not in heaven? While not participants in the new covenant, these are beneficiaries of it. They receive forgiveness of their sins and are declared righteous as God’s friends. (Jas. 2:23; 1 John 2:1, 2) Whether we have a heavenly hope or an earthly hope, each one of us has good reason to appreciate Jesus’ role as the Mediator of the new covenant.

So they don't directly state that Jesus is not the mediator for the "Great Crowd", but state that they do not participate in the covenant that Jesus is mediating. It's easy for someone who is not reasoning or just looking for an answer in the paragraph to miss the connection.

• millie210
    millie210

Its all just another subtle way of emphasizing the GB and setting up precedence for whenever they want to go "off road" or should I say "off Bible", with a teaching of theirs.

A simple search of the word mediator ties it in with sacred tribal wise men and later with judicial systems as societies got more complex. It is a noun and means one who helps others reach an agreement.

But they have to throw that term legal in there to tie it all up nicely as though it gives them authority. Yes, Jesus was the mediator, yes he pictured mediating a higher law than the Jews had through Moses.

Im not disputing that.

What I am objecting to here is the way they just slide that right on over to their own shoulders.

pixel
    Current as of w08 12/15 p. 12:
    The original-language word translated “mediator” is a legal term.

Is F- off a legal term????

It should be.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

WasOnceBlind

This is still in effect, and this is the main reason that made me research more and understand they are not God's organisation!

This doctrine is a paradox - it is actually their main doctrine but it is also a hidden doctrine. I belive more than 80-90 % of jw's have no idea this doctrine exist.

Why this is a main doctrine: this is the reason why only the annointed ones partake. You can also read in insight at the subject "Mediator".

The last study article from march 2015 watchtower edition, paragraph 7 says:

And we know that Jesus will judge people according to how they have treated the anointed oneswho are still on earth. We are so grateful that Jehovah has helped us over the years to understand this parable and the other parables in Matthew chapters 24 and 25!

So they believe annointed ones are saved by grace, others are saved by works!!!

I believe most jw's have no idea of the implications of this doctrine!

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

If anyone wants to see a quote where they say black on white that Jesus is the mediator only between God and the 144 000, there is a book published in 1986, named The desire for peace and security worldwide (ws) - go to chapter 1 paragraph 16.

If you have the english software, please copy and paste that quote - it is so clear that that is what they truly believe!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit