Is this doctrine still in in effect?

by WasOnceBlind 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

ws chap. 1 pp. 10-11 par. 16 The Desire for Peace and Security Worldwide

"He is the Mediator between his heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members. This spiritual nation is like a little flock of Jehovah’s sheeplike ones."

w08 12/15 p. 14 par. 13 Appreciate Jesus’ Unique Role in God’s Purpose

"What does Jesus’ role as Mediator involve? Well, Jehovah applies the value of Jesus’ blood to those being brought into the new covenant. In this way, Jehovah legally credits them with righteousness. (Rom. 3:24; Heb. 9:15) God can then take them into the new covenant with the prospect of their becoming heavenly king-priests! As their Mediator, Jesus assists them in maintaining a clean standing before God."

• clarity
    clarity

While not participants in the new covenant, these are beneficiaries of it. They receive forgiveness of their sins and are declared righteous as God’s friends. (Jas. 2:23; 1 John 2:1, 2) Whether we have a heavenly hope or an earthly hope, each one of us has good reason to appreciate Jesus’ role as the Mediator of the new covenant.

Ahhh the beggers can't have it both ways .... if jesus is mediator ONLY for 144000 people, the remaining 8 billion do not have jesus as mediator! 144000 see themselves as mediators only to jw's, .....oh wait a minute, were they tortured & hung on a 'stake' for us? WT you can't have it both ways!

"

Worldwide Security Under the “Prince of Peace” pp. 10-11 “Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the Mediator between his heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members
  • TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

They even believe that the Bible was written ONLY for the 144000 anointed ones, for those who inherit the kindom. All others have to listen to the word or channel of mediators, the anointed ones.

So the bible is not understandable for everyone but only for the federal and discret slave class. The problem is that they teach at the same time since last month (see threads about David Splane) that between 100 A.D and 1919 A.D. there were no anointed ones or no discret slave class on earth, so nobody could interpret the bible before 1919 correctly, because nobody had the right attitude and could serve God as discret slave, But So the Bible survived and was copied and transmitted by the catolic church directly into the hands of the Watchtower Society by power of gods spirit although it had not the right attitude, but apparently enfough for copying the bible and keepint it as treasure..... until 1919.in 1919 they could correclty interprete it then in the watchtower headqaurter in new york finally.with the right attitude and understand that theyself are the faithful and discrete slave. but not yet fully undstanding everything about the matter, only the governing body since 1970 knows everything much better and since June 2015 David splane speculates again about the fact that there was no slave class before 1919 WOW......... endless mysteries begin to reveal.

God wrote the bible 33 Ad. and kept it over hundreds of years in the hand of a harlot not knowing when would be the right moment to make it understandble by the FDS-Class. Jesus did not know it, but FDS knows it ;-)

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

Thank you Searcher!

And before that there is this sentence:

Jesus Christ is not the mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the mediator between Jehovah and the spiritual israel which is limited to 144000 ...

• WasOnceBlind
    WasOnceBlind
    Wow, I can't believe that anyone that truly understands what the WT is saying would be ok with this! I mean you might as well end a prayer saying "in the name of the faithful and discreet slave we ask".
  • millie210
    millie210
    I wonder, how many of us have a problem with the concept itself and how many with the idea that the GB think this applies to them?
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yep, it's still current. There was a WT "study" about a year ago that said, ( paraphrasing here ) " After the millennial reign, the Great Crowd will no longer need Jesus as an intercesssor..."

WTF?!?! Did you catch that one???? Hint: Get a thesaurus. ( No, that's not a dinosaur..)

DD

• Garrett
    Garrett

Wait what? How come I never knew this... I have never heard about this in my time with the witnesses... How strange. I wonder if they deliberately choose not to discuss doctrine that could potentially be very controversial.

Then again, maybe I never payed attention at meetings...

• WasOnceBlind
    WasOnceBlind
    Garrett5 minutes ago

Wait what? How come I never knew this... I have never heard about this in my time with the witnesses... How strange. I wonder if they deliberately choose not to discuss doctrine that could potentially be very controversial.

Don't feel bad, I only found this out days ago. When you think about it, I doubt most JW's are aware or understand it. I mean once you get to the meeting you go into drone mode, read paragraph, answer paragraph using the paragraph. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    I'm just hearing of this for the first time. I guess I'm not sure what the implications then would be for me personally if I'm of the Great Crowd. Can anyone shed light on that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit