I've Retired

by Stephanus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Alright, consider it a kind of Theocratic Retirement, or perhaps an "Invisible Retirement", using 1914 as a model! Humph! People are so picky!

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Awww Steph, are you in a roundabout convoluted sort of a way implying that your retirement has been retired?? If so YAY!!!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

R.F.

D'ya think that anyone who bears a resemblance to Groucho Marx could be SERIOUS?

Cheers, Ozzie (of the real thing class)

• abbagail
    abbagail

You mean there is LIFE away from this forum?

If there is, how does one find it?

Will there be withdrawal symptoms and DT's?

Naaaaa, too scary. Think I'll stay put with DoubleEdge = still addicted. But as for you Steph, anyone who reaches 2,000 DESERVES an extended vacation. (Notice I said vacation rather than retirement. That's because I see several of the guys are "betting" you can't stay away. I assume they are speaking from experience!)

Has ANYONE ever REALLY "retired" from here and NEVER come back?

Only Simon knows for sure...

Nice to meet you as you are leaving...
    Grits

• abbagail
    abbagail

I had to come back to say two things:

1. There are 12 pages of threads you started with approx. 20 threads to each page = that's 240 threads that you have to come back and check on. (You yourself said it!) ;-)

2. I didn't even realize it until after I posted the above, but it looks like that reply caused my counter to hit the FIVE-OH-OH mark! Moving On Up!

Grits

• SYN
    SYN

You go GRITS! Steph, I wasn't criticizing, just remarking on an interesting fact...I always knew you were undergoing an "Invisible Retirement", 1914 style!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

1. There are 12 pages of threads you started with approx. 20 threads to each page = that's 240 threads that you have to come back and check on. (You yourself said it!) ;-)

A lot of those early threads were "F___ off, Fred!" threads - not very substantial. In later times I seem to have descended into fluff - serious requests for help on issues I was researching were being ignored completely, while "My Wife's Pussy" style threads went into several pages. Putting up the KMs will keep me entertained for a little while, I guess.

BTW, 500 posts in 3 - 4 moths is pretty good. You'll soon be Jedi!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

So nice to see people "reaching out" for greater privileges of service!

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit