Rasputin and Serums and Herbs--Oh My!

by rebel8 36 Replies latest watchtower medical

• rebel8
    rebel8

Hi. My Rasputin knowledge is quite old, from my school days, and I don't know how accurate it ever was.

In school, IIRC, they said Rasputin would take the child alone into closed rooms for hours and not disclose what was done. I've always wondered if he was transfusing (which is actually not too difficult to learn--even children infuse themselves). He had the wealth of the family at his disposal--he could have paid for the blood and snuck it in by pretending it was some mystical item.

The claim that the child stopped bleeding (and in fact lived so long) is the main indicator to me that blood transfusions were involved, since nothing else is effective. (Some disorders are now treated with synthetic clotting factors, which is a very new invention. But even now, many people with bleeding disorders are only able to be treated with human blood products.)

I don't find that article convincing.

Fever, delirium, and spontaneous remission are not generally found in cases of haemophilia and are inconsistent with such a diagnosis

Fever is consistent with transfusion reactions, and the "remission" can be attributed to transfusions. Hypovolemia definitely causes disorientation.

haemorrhaging in a haemophiliac, as Alexei was alleged to have been, happens immediately following the injury.

No. I mean I don't even have nearly the severe disorder he had, and I still periodically bleed from an injury I had 8 years ago. I didn't immediately bleed there, even though I was quite aware of the injury and expected a bleed. The stories about a fall being the cause could be true or not--he could have just spontaneously bled after the fall and one thing had nothing to do with the other. But some of us do have delayed bleeding--less likely for him, but still possible.

The haemophilia claim has never been supported by any doctors' reports or medical test results.

Genetic testing was reportedly done and Hemophilia B was confirmed. His body was reportedly found in 2007 with some rather striking evidence it was really him.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

There is a very scary sister in the cong I was attending who would drink small amounts of hydrogen peroxide for five days, every month, to "cleanse" her system. She would look very weak, pale and unwell during this time and would make a big show of it, claiming that "you have to feel worse for a while in order to get the benefits" . She strongly recommended this and many other kooky home remedies, even recommending people give up all their prescritpion meds. She had quite a following amongst the hypochondriacs. She is an elder's wife.

IMO this woman is dangerous.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    In school, IIRC, they said Rasputin would take the child alone into closed rooms for hours and not disclose what was done. I've always wondered if he was transfusing (which is actually not too difficult to learn--even children infuse themselves). He had the wealth of the family at his disposal--he could have paid for the blood and snuck it in by pretending it was some mystical item. 

I am not discounting your theory that blood transfusions may have been involved in Alexei's care. However, the likelihood of Rasputin administering transfusions to the prince in the limited time that he was left alone with him, is unlikely. First off, he would have had to take equipment in with him - and i suppose he could have hid that under his robes. But, that would result in contamination and risk of infection. Along with the inherent risks involved with a procedure of this type that would have been used in an 'arm to arm' procedure of that era:

Not only would that kind of procedure be difficult to do by yourself, it would also be time consuming. Blood transfusion technology was rudimentary in the early days of the 20th century - blood typing was first discovered in 1901. 

And then, complicate the procedure by the resulting needle marks which would have to be explained, an overly attentive mother, and a child who revealed everything in his world happenings to his tightly knit family...I find the blood transfusion theory to be somewhat weak, even though not discountable.

The most telling incident that did not involve blood transfusions, was the one of the most serious, that occurred in 1912. It is this incident that was supposedly 'cured' by Rasputin's telegram. I find the notion that Alexei's blood disorder to be one that is characterized by spontaneous remission to be a compelling one, especially as there are few accounts of bleeding episodes after that time.

The mystery of the Romanov family and the last prince of Russia, is receiving some closure due to advances in forensics, yet there will always remain the myths and legends associated with that period in history. Interestingly enough, the entire family has now be raised to sainthood in the Russian Orthodox Church. That is quite the distinction for a family who was murdered in cold blood while all their relatives looked on from a safe distance.

What I find interesting about the Watchtower's slant/bias on their interpretation of history surrounding Rasputin, is that they fail to see the irony in their own position towards blood. Just like Rasputin, the WTS has turned their back on the medical community, and instead, has asked their members to put their faith in some old outdated religious belief. If anything, the Watchtower Society is today's Rasputin. 

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

truthseeker100 

we are what we eat  .  [theres a book with that title too]  

i dont know enough about  the types actually.

adult onset diabetes

is almost always brought on by a bad diet and lack of exercise .

we wear our pancreas out with too much sugar  we toxify our livers by too many chemicals.

so eating a healthy diet is surely something we all try to do.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I just remembered something about my Rasputin conversation in the kh ladies' room--I wondered why the demons could heal something through a false religious figure but jehovah's only plan was to let me die and be resurrected later.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    I wondered why the demons could heal something through a false religious figure but jehovah's only plan was to let me die and be resurrected later.

Yup, that's those tricky ol' demons for you. They go around doing miraculous things just to lead you down the path to Satan's hell. I never could figure out, either, why the demons could 'do good deeds' like save someone's life, yet the Big Guy Jehovah couldn't care less if you lived or died.

When I was 'in', I often thought that the demons had far more sense than Jehovah did. At least they could do something whereas Jehovah just sat up there and passed judgement without giving a hoot about people suffering and dying because of not being able to access life saving procedures.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Here in northern Scandinavia, it is absolute forbidden for an MD to describe any sort of a drug homeopathic or whatever that is not scientifically proven by a number of scientific studies. If you as an MD write a description on that, you are in the risk of losing your license. But if you know some MD:s  privately they sometimes give you advice to use certain drugs/Theas/herbals  or just eat  more porridge.  But that’s purely private….

Bugbear

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit