How do you manage to keep JW friendships after you left the organization?

by Bonsai 44 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb
    We moved house and had jw 'friends' who have phoned twice in many years. On both occasions to ask some else's telephone number.
  • TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

Since, after more than 40 years, I have officially dissociated myself due to consciousness reasons and other personal reasons from the organization of Jehovah Witnesses, I don't have anymore friendship with Jehovah Witnesses, included some members of my own family still trapped in this cult. I feel all the more better since I have done it. Why should I have an once of regret now ?

I have dissociated myself from a cult, not from the God of Love.

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2

Some years ago I dared to ask a few questions to my best friend for years. We were maid of honour at each other's weddings. We brought up our children together from babies. In and out of each other's houses. I had friends around every Friday evening. They came with all their kids, for years. Because I questioned a few things she stopped coming round. Just stopped, no further contact. It's not possible to keep friends once they know how you think.

I was not disfellowshipped just stopped going.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    It's just amazing at how quickly they will drop you, if your not following the party line.
  • Gulf Coaster
    Gulf Coaster

I can't see how you could keep JW friends after you leave. It's a conditional "friendship" based on adhering to the cult. What could you talk about with a faithful JW, other than idle chitchat? And how could you be friends with someone who views you as "worldly", in all that word's negative connotations? Someone who is basically viewing you as beneath them, and not one of the pure and favored? Someone who will be destroyed in the Big A with the JWs smugly cheering that on?

They're not really friends anyway. They're people who happen to be in the KH and that you chum around with because you have no other choice because if you didn't chum around with them, you'd be a friendless loner. And if you say or do the wrong thing, you'll be a friendless loner within the KH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit