How do you manage to keep JW friendships after you left the organization?

by Bonsai 44 Replies latest jw friends

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

They think they are doing you some good by shunning you. It would be a lie to say it doesn't hurt. We are all human and feel the pain regardless of who we are.

This is the tell tale sign that this is NOT "Jehovahs earthly organization."

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

How do you manage to keep JW friendships after you left the organization

Why would you want to keep their friendship? I judge friendship by two things.....How interesting you are and how much interest you show in others. My interests this week include Bernie Sanders, Donald Trump, the new strain of weed and the confederate flag. I cannot think of one witness that could show interest or be interesting on any of those subjects and in return I cannot show interest or be interesting regarding anything they want to talk about. It is a lose-lose situation.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

When I left the disgusting cult, I knew I'd leave behind all those so called friends because the WBT$ friendship is conditional. I walked and resigned myself to their scorn.

If they don't love you no matter what then they're not a true friend and they can naff off as far as I'm concerned.

• blondie
    blondie

It all depends on how strongly they blindly follow the organization. Some are in but make their own rules in some areas and keep it to themselves. It also depends on how real a friend they were in the first place. Sometimes you are "friends" only because you showed up at the same place for 2 to 3 times a week with some inane non-jw conversation before and/or after. If you never socialized with theses people, dinner, movies, picnics, etc., probably not at all after you leave. Even if you are inactive you are tainted and they are discouraged to socialize with you or lose their "privileges." The only ones we socialize with now are inactive like ourselves. We don't know any df'd jws that are still in the area or living.

That's why I encourage people to make friends outside their jw family and BORG before they completely leave.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

You could've said.........I love me. Just to reject all the (mainly) shallow profusions of love

go on there.

• WasOnceBlind
    WasOnceBlind
    oe134cd38 minutes agoI had an interesting one the other day, with a FBook jw friend. Although I mentioned to him that I wasn't going to meetings, I sincerely wanted to know about the flags been flown out side the KH in Chile (he lives there). I then showed him the letter from the chilean branch. 24 hour later I was blocked. Although telling of jw friendship I can't say it's surprising.

Funny that you mention something like that. I had this JW "friend" (actually wanted to date me back in the days) that I hadn't spoken to in years, she found me on Facebook and requested me as a friend. Before accepting I asked her if she was sure she wanted to be my "friend" since I was inactive and not seen as good association. She said yea, gave me all this crap about how she knew I was a good person and that she didn't judge people. So last Friday she sends me an invite for me to go with her to the 3 day convention she is having mid July. I replied telling her I would be passing on the invitation because I had just finished reading "Crisis of conscience" and had some thinking to do, I also thanked her for keeping me in mind. Well I swear it almost seemed that she hit that "unfriend" button before I even hit send. I say good riddance!
  • Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

My wife and I had been in the organization for over 30 years, she as a pioneer and I as a MS. We managed to fade, but lost every last JW friendship. Some dropped emails that they no longer considered us friends, and over course the rumor mill had a field day on us.

It was difficult at first, but in the past seven years we have made many new and improved friendships. We also reconnected with many ex-JWs who either left before, during or after our fade.

I recommend actively and patiently making new friends.

• Londo111
    Londo111

A true companion is loving ALL the time, and is a brother that is born for when there is distress.”--Proverbs 17:17

This does not describe Jehovah's Witnesses.

• blondie
    blondie
    Very good Londo.
  • just fine
    just fine
    You don't. I moved away didn't give any of them my forwarding address and told my family to not give it out to anyone. I don't need any of that kind of crazy in my life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit