Any Brooklyn Bethelites from '93 - '98?

by back2dafront 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

David Powers from my old cong was up there around that time he worked in rooming

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Hi Jason

Thanks for the post. Well written and very interesting!

• blondie
    blondie

Going to Bethel is enlightening, Jason. I found the gossip and back-biting, and the nitpicking, very enlightening. It definitely contributed to my disillusionment with the WTS. "Flush thoroughly."--New Boys Handbook

• teejay
    teejay

Hi, Jason,

Good reading your intro. I don't know how I missed it till now, but I miss a lot of good stuff nowadays. I look forward to hearing your experiences.

I guess you know by now that there are several ex-bethelites who post here. Maybe they've got in touch. I applied for bethel service once and was told to pioneer for a while and re-apply. I never did. Never had much interest in bethel and have never even visited. I enjoy the stories, though.

One suggestion: try hitting the [ENTER] key more often. It makes your posts easier to read.

Holla.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Welcome to the Board, jay!

We love Bethel stories here. That old dub love for 'inside information' dies hard! lol

outnfree

• JT
    JT

hi, does anybody know a jim lutrell? he was in brooklyn bethel about 5 years and left to marry a pioneer sister in 1987 or thereabouts.

he also had a brother who also served. also anyone know mike murphy? last time i saw him he was at patterson in '93.

just curious

YES I Do- he worked in the Scafford crew and then went to Graphics and then to Gilead

I know him VERY VERY WELL we sat beside each other each morning for breakfast

smile

• sisteract
    sisteract

hey jt,

thanks for the reply. i went to pioneer school with jim lutrell, and he married my former roommate . did you happen to be at that wedding back in '87? also, i heard he and his wife left their assignment in costa rica and are back home to mass. and have a daughter. i wonder what happened to his brother. how long you been out?

just curious

• Black Man
    Black Man

up...........

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Welcome Back2dofront!

Like your nickname, by the way!

Did you know Jeff or Rusty Ragland?????

Jeff is still there. =:o)

It sounds like Bethel is just like the kingdom hall I use to go to! =;o)

• Prisca
    Prisca

Welcome to the board Jason.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit