e-mail from concerned person? help please

by avengers 12 Replies latest jw friends

• avengers
    avengers

I received this E-mail this morning and have been thinking about it all day. Maybe I shouldn't be posting this since it is an E-mail addressed to me, but I want your opinions. What I did is I left out the name. I hope you don't mind.

----- Original Message ----- From: [email protected] To: <[email protected]> Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2002 1:16 AM Subject: jw's > What you need to remember is that the organization is run by imperfect people
    > - Directed by Jehovah. Why do so many people think that they should be
    > perfect? They will make mistakes as much as the next guy. But the key is
    > that they are trying to apply principles from the Bible and in doing this
    > they are making Jehovah's heart glad. If everyone had the same moral
    > standards and loyally love that the JW's have we would have peace on earth!
    > Your talking bad about the Witness doesn't shake the witnesses faith - all it
    > does is prove that Satan does have control over the entire inhabited earth
    > and you, sad to say, have fallen under his influence.

I answered with this. Probably way too emotional, but maybe you can address him with more logic than I can

I was in this org for 30 years!! I really thought it was the Truth. I did my utmost best;. I followed all the advice. Come on my man, let's get real! How can a just God have an org that has shares which link them to the military? At approximately the same time they acquired these shares, they signed up at the UN. Does the Governing Body have a policy to protect the children or do they hurt them by allowing sexual predators to roam free? Think man!!!! Think. Everyone in a cult is vastly convinced it's the Truth. They had me for 30 Years!! God's org will have to be what I was always looking for. Full of Love, Justice, Righteousness, Peace, etc. I have not found this by the leaders of the Watchtower. They care about the org more than righteousness, they have not stood for the weak, for the children, for the widow and the one carrying a lot of weight. Instead they have abused the brothers and sisters. What does Revelation say.about situations like this? "Get out of her my people if you do not want to share in her sins". Check the facts. Don't take anyone's word for it. I wish it was the Truth, then I would never have left. Loving people do not act like this. Sorry. I'm not the apostate. The ones that are, know it very well. Men that have destroyed many families and are still very busy doing it. Get out while you still can!!! That's the best advice you will get for many many years. Be free. Isn't it that the Bible says: "Where My Spirit is there's freedom"? You will find rules and laws within the WT walls, not freedom. love............................Andy
  • sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Thank you for sharing, avengers!

sigh......I wonder if he is going to even willing to check out what you told him ( about UN involvement and other things.) We cannot make them (JWs) see, but they have to see for themselves.

I was thinking this morning that what JWs would say when the whole world finally decide to take legal cases against them with, of course, tremendous evidences. Would they say, "We didn't know that. The WTS didn't tell us. The elders didn't tell us"? Then I would say, "No, they didn't but we (ex-JWs) did, and I did. But you didn't listen, but ignore, and persecuted the innocent ones. And you also supported the WTS's actions."

Indeed, they (JWs) are sharing the WTS's sin.

By the way is there a news article about the WTS's UN involvement?

Edited by - sunshineToo on 12 August 2002 0:33:36

• Nikita
    Nikita

Andy,

I thought you did a great job responding.

> What you need to remember is that the organization is run by imperfect people
    > perfect? They will make mistakes as much as the next guy.

What I have experienced in my time spent as a JW is how intolerable they are with others of different faiths. Like, if say a Christian were to make a mistake they will point out amongst each other how terrible those "Christians" are! But they want the Christians or Muslims or whatever's of the world to accept the fact they are imperfect?!

Nikita

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

So let me get this straight... talking bad about the established religious hierarchy means you're under the influence of Satan? That means that most of the Bible prophets and even (gasp!) Jesus Christ were under Satan's influence. I guess that means you're in good company, Avengers.

Hmmm

(Besides... the person would first have to prove that the GB represents Jehovah here on earth--and no circular "we're God's chosen people because we correctly interpret the Bible; we know we correctly interpret the Bible because we're God's chosen people" nonsense.)

• Vivamus
    Vivamus
    What you need to remember is that the organization is run by imperfect people

There is a flaw in this statement: If Jehovah guides these men, then why do they make mistakes? Why would Jehovah guide an organization and then allow that organization to put such a stain on his name by making false prophesies? Jehovah himself abhorred false prophets. The Bible is, so claims the Watchtower, without fault, and Jehovahs word always comes true. And this same Watchtower states that everything they say, comes directly from God himself. And yet, here they are, making false prophesies

Hope it helps, Viv.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I'm beginning to believe that is a standard email form letter they send out at will. I think almost everyone has received similar worded mails at one time or another.

Yes, a perfect organization, headed by imperfect men, guided by a perfect God, that suffers from imperfect mistakes from time to time. Sure makes sense to me.

But, if attacking religions makes one under the influence of Satan, then who is really guiding this "perfect organization," that leads the field in attacking other religions?

Lew W

• avengers
    avengers
    I guess that means you're in good company, Avengers

The Best.

• onacruse
    onacruse

"What you need to remember is that the organization is run by imperfect people-"

No question about that!

"Directed by Jehovah."

Prove it.

"But the key is that they are trying to apply principles from the Bible"

So are hundreds of millions of other people. And hundreds of millions of others, even though not professing Christianity, practice the same principles that are found in the Bible, though derived from a different source.

"If everyone had the same moral standards and loyally love that the JW's have we would have peace on earth!"

Interesting hypothesis. "Peace" implies a sense of security from threats and injustice. Based on the history of the WTS (at least for the last 80 years), a "new world" composed of just JWs would give new meaning to the phrase "do or die."

"you, sad to say, have fallen under his influence."

Ah, yes, when logic fails, resort to ad hominem argumentation.

Avengers: it occurs to me that most of these enthusiastic JW defenders are youngsters. Actually, like you, it reminds me of myself, born and raised a dub, in for 40 years, always ready to make a "defense for my faith." Years of experience have a way of tempering that, eh?

I thought your response was very moderate. "Get out while you still can!!! That's the best advice you will get for many many years." RIGHT ON

Craig

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

> What you need to remember is that the organization is run by imperfect people

BooHoo! Now this twit is justifying the Borg by saying that everyone makes mistakes. Yeah, Right! and these same twits brag and gloat that they are God's organization on Earth and always point out the mistakes of other religious groups and ministries.

I'd like to make the following points to him:

• If God/Jehovah is perfect and he directs the organization, then why the organization is imperfect? why all the failed prophecies?
    • People think they (the WTS) should be perfect as they gloat that they are only ones that represent God on Earth (remember, God is perfect).
    • They made mistakes as much as the next guy. The difference is that they NEVER admitted to make mistakes, they cover up and pussyfoot the issues with excuses. Also, they NEVER took responsibilities for their actions as they always blame the other.

. But the key is
    > that they are trying to apply principles from the Bible and in doing this
    > they are making Jehovah's heart glad. If everyone had the same moral
    > standards and loyally love that the JW's have we would have peace on earth!
    • Trying to apply principles from the Bible??? Then how about getting rid of the Awake! and WatchTower magazines and just read the bible. In other words, stop reading and studying these magazines.
    • Moral standards and loyally love that the JWs have??? Shunning is not love, so far, I haven't seen Moral standards rather than strict rules and regulations.

> Your talking bad about the Witness doesn't shake the witnesses faith - all it
    > does is prove that Satan does have control over the entire inhabited earth
    > and you, sad to say, have fallen under his influence.

How do we know that the JWs are also not under the influence of Satan as well? The JWs also talk bad about other beliefs as well as anything non-JW and all that proves that the JWs have also fallen under Satan's influence.

Ajax

Edited by - AjaxMan on 11 August 2002 14:26:35

Edited by - AjaxMan on 11 August 2002 14:31:16

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I have said everything in that person's letter VERBATIM and have RECEIVED every word in that letter verbatim from other JWs once I left. It is the COMPANY LINE and underneath that attempt to discredit and discard what you said, is the same aching nagging DOUBT we all have. If that person didnt have any doubt about the TRUTH being TRUTH...he wouldnt have been reading what YOU had to say to begin with :)

Its the old we are CHOSEN but when we F*CK up we are IMPERFECT line of reasoning LOLOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit