define "Apostasy"

by zev 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bleep
    Bleep

Your not hating me are you zev? The Bible says not to hate. Go back to my idea of hating FALSE religion. My opinion was to hate those religions and not mine.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    The Bible says not to hate

Where does it say that, Bleep? You seem to have a habit of referring to the Bible or other documents without providing a reference to the source. When called on it, you don't answer. Why is that?

• witchywoman
    witchywoman

Why do so many Jehovahs` Witnesses come to this site and ask that question? Fred, Bboy, comforter and now you. It is obvious that you are here as a Witness to show other Witnesses that we are only capable of only hate towards you. I am sure zev does not care about you. It is good for other believers of your faith to see that you come here to argue, and looking for love from so called apostates. I am glad that they can see you are mere distraction to honest hearted ones that merely would like to learn. Ones that come here are finally thinking for themselves, unlike you.

Bleep, your power is useless here.

witchywoman

• Bleep
    Bleep

the Bible says, "Everyone who does not carry on righteousness does not originate with God, neither does he who does not love his brother."-1 JOHN 3:10. So the Bible says not to hate your brother.

Let Us Abhor What Is Wicked

JEHOVAH is a holy God. In ancient times he was "the Holy One of Israel," and as such he demanded that Israel be clean, unsullied. (Psalm 89:18) He told his chosen people: "You must prove yourselves holy, because I am holy." (Leviticus 11:45) Anyone who wanted to "ascend into the mountain of Jehovah" had to be "innocent in his hands and clean in heart." (Psalm 24:3, 4) That meant more than merely avoiding sinful acts. It meant "the hating of bad."-Proverbs 8:13.

I was wrong for once. The Bible tells us to hate what s bad.

• Bleep
    Bleep

I learned something witch.

• Bleep
    Bleep

Apostate like a spider

In its two accurences in scripture, the spider figures in illustrative settings. Bildad, in speaking to Job, referred to an apostate as one who trusts in or leans upon "spider's house, " or web, something that would be too frail to keep him standing. The hurtful and violebt works of unfaithful Israelites are likened to the wearing of a spider's web. However, such unfaithful ones could not cover themselves with their works, and more than a cobweb be suitable for a garment. Isa 59: 5,6

One way to distinguish between God's children and those of the Devil is this: "Everyone who does not carry on righteousness does not originate with God." Unrighteousness is so characteristic of the Devil's children that they "do not sleep unless they do badness, and their sleep has been snatched away unless they cause someone to stumble," which is what apostates would like to do to loyal Christians.-Proverbs 4:14-16.

"Everyone remaining in union with him [the Son] does not practice sin." (Read 1 John 3:6.) Being imperfect, we may commit an act of sin at times. But sinning is not a practice with those who remain in union with the Son and, hence, in union with the Father. Practicers of sin have not "seen" Jesus with the eye of faith; nor do such habitual sinners as the apostates "know" and appreciate Christ as the sin-atoning "Lamb of God."-John 1:36.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Bleep, APOLOGIZE TO TINKERBELL RIGHT NOW! It is absolutely wrong to make fun of someone else's pain to justify your faith.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit