define "Apostasy"

by zev 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stichione
    stichione

Its quite funny. By definition for all intents and purposes I'm an apostate. But I'm a Dub in good standing in my congregation. I guess my kind is one of the more dangerous ones among the ORG since I go around unnoticed planting small seeds of doubt in the minds of unsuspecting ones by asking simple and innocent questions then shaking my head. I already go a few!

• searcher
    searcher

Apologies to all for my stupid spelling mistake.

Please change 'cry' to 'say'

searcher.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I thought of a short WT definition of "Apostate". It is a word they use to smear anyone who says something true that they do not want to hear.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Apostasy,oh my,such an ugly word..A good example of apostasy would be when the WBTS was a member of the United Nations NGO from 1991 to 2001.A most vile and apostic act for an organization that claims to represent God..(Ahhhhh.... my good deed for the day,LOL)...OUTLAW

• Bleep
    Bleep

Some seem to want it both ways, I note that many of the JW antagonist are opposed to the whole concept of disfellowshiping (because many of them have been kicked out), and yet they want others to be removed on the statement of one person: Elder Jones, Br. Smith hugged me, not to worry Sister, we will kick him out of the congregation, and turn him over to the police. It seems that to some, the JWs will always be in the wrong, if they remove someone, then others will complain; what right do you have to remove him/her, if they do not remove a person then the same faultfinders will say: How can you let him/her be a member of the congregation. I think that its ironic that people who say that they want nothing to do with the WTS or JWs will spend so much time and effort looking for the JWs to fall so that they can jump all over them. Some people seem to have way to much free time."

• Bleep
    Bleep

/////////////////Hating False Religion and Apostasy

Then, too, as Jesus showed his hatred for lawlessness by exposing hypocritical religionists, so today Jehovah's Witnesses are showing their hatred for all hypocritical religious lawlessness. How? By distributing Bible literature that lays bare Babylon the Great for what she really is, a religious harlot. If we truly hate lawless religious hypocrisy, we will be forthright in exposing Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion. We will do so for the sake of honesthearted people whom she has blinded and held in spiritual bondage. To the extent that we truly hate the lawlessness of Babylon the Great, to that extent we will be zealous in sharing in all the features of the Kingdom ministry.-Matthew 15:1-3, 7-9; Titus 2:13, 14; Revelation 18:1-5.

The obligation to hate lawlessness also applies to all activity by apostates. Our attitude toward apostates should be that of David, who declared: "Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you, O Jehovah, and do I not feel a loathing for those revolting against you? With a complete hatred I do hate them. They have become to me real enemies." (Psalm 139:21, 22) Modern-day apostates have made common cause with "the man of lawlessness," the clergy of Christendom. (2 Thessalonians 2:3) As loyal Witnesses of Jehovah, we therefore have absolutely nothing in common with them. Being imperfect, our hearts could easily have a tendency toward being critical of our brothers. As individuals, those of "the faithful and discreet slave" are imperfect humans. (Matthew 24:45-47) But this class is faithful and discreet. Apostates capitalize on errors or seeming mistakes made by brothers who take the lead. Our safety lies in avoiding apostate propaganda as though it were poison, which in fact it is.-Romans 16:17, 18.

We have seen that the world is filled with lawlessness, which is synonymous with sin. It is not enough for us to love righteousness; we must also hate lawlessness. Some of those who have been disfellowshipped from the Christian congregation may have thought that they loved righteousness, but they did not sufficiently hate lawlessness. We have also seen why we should hate lawlessness. We cannot have a good conscience and self-respect unless we do. Furthermore, lawlessness means being disloyal to Jehovah God. And lawlessness causes us to reap very bitter fruitage-misery, corruption, and death.

We have also noted how we show that we hate lawlessness. We do so by having absolutely nothing to do with any kind of dishonesty, sexual immorality, or apostasy. Since we want to share in Jehovah's vindication and desire to make his heart rejoice, we must not only love righteousness and keep busy in his service but also hate lawlessness, as did our Leader and Commander, Jesus Christ.

• zev
    zev

bleep spewed nonsense forth from it's pie hole:

Some seem to want it both ways, I note that many of the JW antagonist are opposed to the whole concept of disfellowshiping (because many of them have been kicked out),

kicked out my @$$. i was not kicked out. i am opposed because its not biblical. i left of my own free will and volition. i did nothing to be kicked out for. yet here you come, hijacking my thread with your nonsense. what are you? who are you? nevermind, i have ways, i'll find out who you are myself.

tell me oh trollness, how is it you can take a scripture, like 2 john 7-11 which i quote from your worthless bible:

*** Rbi8 2 John 6-11 *** 7 For many deceivers have gone forth into the world, persons not confessing Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.

8 Look out for yourselves, that YOU do not lose the things we have worked to produce, but that YOU may obtain a full reward. 9 Everyone that pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God. He that does remain in this teaching is the one that has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to YOU and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into YOUR homes or say a greeting to him. 11 For he that says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works.

now tell me troll, how does this scripture which the watchtower uses ALL THE TIME whenever it concerns disfellowshipping and how to treat such ones, HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH a person who is disfellowshipped for imorality, smoking or anything like that, when this book IS CLEARLY SPEAKING about the anti christ!?!?!?

please note oh wiseless troll:

*** Rbi8 2 John 7 ***

7 For many deceivers have gone forth into the world, persons not confessing Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.

answer me the question i posed.

Elder Jones, Br. Smith hugged me, not to worry Sister, we will kick him out of the congregation, and turn him over to the police. It seems that to some, the JWs will always be in the wrong, if they remove someone, then others will complain; what right do you have to remove him/her, if they do not remove a person then the same faultfinders will say: How can you let him/her be a member of the congregation.

you insensitive typical jw dipfuck.

pedofilia is OUT AND OUT WRONG. how can you make statements like this with all that you are hearing and seeing unfold before you in the news? these people prey on HELPLESS, and INNOCENT YOUNG CHILDREN! do you have children? would you expect that if something happened to them that the most extreme measures would be taken to PROSECUTE him/her? and i dont mean jw kangaroo tribunal court rooms, i mean REAL COURTS, JAIL.

I think that its ironic that people who say that they want nothing to do with the WTS or JWs will spend so much time and effort looking for the JWs to fall so that they can jump all over them.

i think its ironic that a typical jw troll like yourself comes here to try to convert those who dont want converting, trying to turn us back to jehovers organization. tell me brother troll, do you count your field service time here? do you count your return visits every time you log on?

see, i know your lingo. i am no jw "rookie".

i didnt jump on you, you came here loking for trouble, and damn it, you found it.

Some people seem to have way to much free time."

look who's talking! 700 posts since may? 3 months? your a virtual windbag. YOU must have lots of time to waste, and kill.

you have to much free time. go out in service you trouble maker. your spirituality is weak. say more prayers to your god, the watchtower bible and tract society. have more family studys. oh, and don't forget, read your watchtower bible.

what? your still sitting here reading this board. go. NOW!

and by the way, next time you try and pass off watchtower words as your own, give us some credit for being somewhat intelligent, and put where your quoting from. obviously you dont have the intelligence to come up with all this on your own:

Hating False Religion and Apostasy

Then, too, as Jesus showed his hatred for lawlessness by exposing hypocritical religionists, so today Jehovah's Witnesses are showing their hatred for all hypocritical religious lawlessness. How? By distributing Bible literature that lays bare Babylon the Great for what she really is, a religious harlot. If we truly hate lawless religious hypocrisy, we will be forthright in exposing Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion. We will do so for the sake of honesthearted people whom she has blinded and held in spiritual bondage. To the extent that we truly hate the lawlessness of Babylon the Great, to that extent we will be zealous in sharing in all the features of the Kingdom ministry.-Matthew 15:1-3, 7-9; Titus 2:13, 14; Revelation 18:1-5.

The obligation to hate lawlessness also applies to all activity by apostates. Our attitude toward apostates should be that of David, who declared: "Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you, O Jehovah, and do I not feel a loathing for those revolting against you? With a complete hatred I do hate them. They have become to me real enemies." (Psalm 139:21, 22) Modern-day apostates have made common cause with "the man of lawlessness," the clergy of Christendom. (2 Thessalonians 2:3) As loyal Witnesses of Jehovah, we therefore have absolutely nothing in common with them. Being imperfect, our hearts could easily have a tendency toward being critical of our brothers. As individuals, those of "the faithful and discreet slave" are imperfect humans. (Matthew 24:45-47) But this class is faithful and discreet. Apostates capitalize on errors or seeming mistakes made by brothers who take the lead. Our safety lies in avoiding apostate propaganda as though it were poison, which in fact it is.-Romans 16:17, 18.

We have seen that the world is filled with lawlessness, which is synonymous with sin. It is not enough for us to love righteousness; we must also hate lawlessness. Some of those who have been disfellowshipped from the Christian congregation may have thought that they loved righteousness, but they did not sufficiently hate lawlessness. We have also seen why we should hate lawlessness. We cannot have a good conscience and self-respect unless we do. Furthermore, lawlessness means being disloyal to Jehovah God. And lawlessness causes us to reap very bitter fruitage-misery, corruption, and death.

We have also noted how we show that we hate lawlessness. We do so by having absolutely nothing to do with any kind of dishonesty, sexual immorality, or apostasy. Since we want to share in Jehovah's vindication and desire to make his heart rejoice, we must not only love righteousness and keep busy in his service but also hate lawlessness, as did our Leader and Commander, Jesus Christ.

learn some "net" etiquette.

i'll tear your second post apart later.

i'd say 73's, but you don't deserve "best wishes".

zev

Edited by - zev on 14 August 2002 21:51:52

• witchywoman
    witchywoman

Zev, are you trying to reason with an apostate?

witchywoman

• zev
    zev
    Zev, are you trying to reason with an apostate?

what? me worry? naaaaa.

just had a few, and tuning up for the finale

• jgnat
    jgnat

A few of my own thoughts on Apostacy. It seems that word is bandied about far too freely in the WTS. During my studies of this word, the greek "falling away" is very similar to the word for divorce.

apostasia - defection from truth (properly the state), ("apostasy"): - falling away, forsake.(Strong's)

apostasion - properly something separative, that is, (specifically) divorce: - (writing of) divorcement.(Strong's)

Every leader of the WTS should keep in mind that such a divorce is a hard-hearted act, and would be unneccessary if everyone was acting in Christian love (Mark 10:5). And indeed truly, disfellowshipping separates children from parents, loving spouses from each other, grandparents from their offspring.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit