For a man of your education, you really are a dimwit!
: Now that I am a long away from religion, I have to ask, what is the need for this prayer thing? Now, God knows everything, right? Well, so what is the need for prayer? If you do feel a need to pray, wouldn't be good idea to keep it short? After all, God is busy with billions of people dialing him up every day. All you have to say to God, is, I need help. You do not need to go into detail. God knows the detail, and anything you say is redundant to him, so please keep it short. To do otherwise is impolite and an imposition on God's time.
Now follow me very carefully while I present a very short "Prayer for Dummies" that even you can understand:
1) God screwed us up.
2) He knows he screwed us up.
3) We're screwed up.
4) All but lunatics have figured out we're screwed up.
5) God wants us to pray to Him and tell him we screwed up because we're screwed up and God screwed us up because two screwed up people ate a piece of fruit. (Bible-Based)
6) God doesn't do dick after we tell him we're screwed up, we're sorry to Him we're screwed up, and we understand he had a terrific reason for screwing us up to begin with.
7) If you don't do 1-6, God will kill you, because you're so screwed up you didn't pray and ask for forgiveness from the God that screwed you up in the first place.
There. Now do you understand?
Once you understand that this is all Bible-Based(tm), you won't have any confusion about it again.
Edited by - Farkel on 10 August 2002 22:15:18