U.S. War with Iraq

by Crazy151drinker 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

LDH,

Read my post again... Saddam has been offering to let ANYONE come and take a look ANYWHERE they want. It is AMERICA and the UN that are refusing to follow threw with their own demands. It doesn't make any since:

AMERICA / UN: Let us in to inspect your facilities!!!

IRAQ: OK, Come on it!

AMERICA / UN: NO! We want to invade you instead!

It doesn't make any since.

• outnfree
    outnfree

11 years ago I wished the US would assassinate Saddam Hussein.

I have not since altered my opinion.

• LDH
    LDH

Elsewhere,

Well you may be right. But on the news over here the report is that Saddam will allow only a limited inspection of sites of his choosing.

Am I in error?

Lisa

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

The news I heard was that he would only allow inspectors in for a two week period and they could go where they wanted. Only UN people. The big moan was that two weeks was simply not enough time to correctly inspect the facilities (which is fair enough if that is true). I could be wrong here and I could check, but I'm getting tired and can't be arsed to browse the news archives at the moment.

Hmmm... the news, now how can we trust the news ??? Where does truth, lie ?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Edited by - Elsewhere on 9 August 2002 18:42:48

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Basicly Dizzy, Sadam is not going to let the UN or any other group mess with his toys. He has spent 2 decades and Billions of dollars to get these toys. If he lets the inspectors in, he will just toy with them like he did last time. He is just delaying his funeral.

Here is another gift for Mr. Sadam

The B83 (Mk-83) Bomb

High yield strategic thermonuclear bomb

Last changed 11 November 1997

B83 Bomb Cutaway
    (734x370; 24 K)

B83 Warhead Close-up
    (338x219; 13 K)

B83 Components
    (517x332; 47 K)
    Click here to see a picture sequence from a B83 test drop

The megaton class B83 is the most modern nuclear bomb in the U.S. arsenal. It is the second highest yield weapon now possessed by the U.S. and has options for variable yields.

B83 Characteristics
  • barry
    barry

Richard Butler an Australian was head of the inspections in Iraq and is convinced they are building up these WMDs. Australia will be behind the US in any war we have troops in Timor , Solomin Islands, Afganistan and the Navy is patroling in the north for illegals I dunno if we can spare many more for a war. Barry

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Let's not forget that this man doesn't trust anyone in his own country. He doesn't show up for 'national' events - and alot of his own people would love to see him go. The Arabs want him gone as well - they just can't say so without causing major unrest in their own countries and my guess is that they want the americans to do it, but will publically speak against it.

Saddam set fire to all those oil wells on his way out of Kuwait which caused an effect in the weather world-wide. The man is a lunatic. They should have taken him out the first time.

My worry is the Bush administration is gearing up for this for their own selfish reasons aka the economy and finishing what Daddy Bush didn't complete. Bush didn't have a clue about foreign policy when he got into office, and he still doesn't. As for the war on terrorism, I don't believe invading Iraq has anything to do with it. And let's face it - Afganistan is still in quite a mess.

As for Saddam saying the inspectors can come in - it's the usual BS. The news is rampant with war plans and he's nervous.

I hate soldiers being sacificed for the sake of someone's ego and the economy. Saddam has to go - but I don't feel right about the timing on this one. I worry about this one.

my .002

Mimilly

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Your right Mimily, Bush Sr. should have taken care of it when he had a chance. Sometimes I wish Reagan was still with it......Sadam would have been taken out YEARS ago!! Remember when Reagan bombed Kadaffi's ass!! Have'nt heard a lick from him in a looooooong time.....

• The Alchemist
    The Alchemist

Picture this. Saddam is sitting at a table discussing business when one of his generals disagrees with him. Saddam's Solution? 9 millimeter to the head. Saddam's son, chip of the ol block, has a beef with political opponent. His Solution? Gives this man a bath...in nitric acid, a slow painful death. Iraq is a big place and nuclear weapons are small. Many places to hide. Solution?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit