U.S. War with Iraq

by Crazy151drinker 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

I just wanted to get some opinions on this matter from everyone. Support here in the states is pretty solid but very weak in Europe. I will make my prediction (ie YOU KNOW) that we will be having a little sand party within a year.

• Rado Vleugel
    Rado Vleugel

In the Netherlands we dont like Sadam either. But there is no general support for Dessert Storm II. It is very doubtful the Al Quaida network has any connection with Iraq (Osama offered even his help to fight Sadam when Kuwait was attacked. This offer was refused by the Saudi Government).

We have more admiration for Colin Powel and other moderate politicians who dont act on impulse alone.

I think its very dangerous when Iraq will be attacked. Iraq and armed groups in Libanon will attack Israel (who will not hesitate to strike back like they did in the early 90ties) and the Arabian/Islamic countries (with maybe the exception of Kuwait and NATO partner Turkey) will definitely not support the US this time.

Just my opinion,
    Rado Vleugel The Netherlands http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/

Edited by - Rado Vleugel on 9 August 2002 17:19:2

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I don't support it because I don't trust Bush...the government has yet to proven to me it will be nothing more than a slash and burn effort...I want solid proof that if they leave these people without a government they will help them rebuild...I haven't seen that yet...

• Larry
    Larry

Yes, That is a MAJOR concern for me b/c I would be deployed. Life is pretty good right now, and that would 'monkey wrench' things. Beside, I'm schedule to go to Egypt in Oct. but the way things are going it doesn't look good :(

The Army is like Bethel - The rank and file are always to last to know.

England (Tony Blair-Up) wants to go to war more than US. I think the key to finding out if we will have a sand party is to watch the news. Usually the gov't will try and gain public support via the media. So if Saddam is looking more and more like the evil one, then we are prime for battle. Also, watch the economy - War is for good business.

That's why I sign out with 'Peace' - I want Peace in the Middle East.

Peace - LL

• TR
    TR

Hey, the world already hates the U.S. Let's nuke 'em.

TR

• bigboi
    bigboi

I happen to think ousting Saddam from power would be a good thing. However, i think it would only be prudent if the US spelled out more clearly it's current reasons for doing so. That's the main thing with me. They haven't yet given the exact reasons why Saddam is currently being targeted. I have heard of a possible connection between Saddam and Sept. 11, but I haven't heard anything concrete. Also, I think balance of power in the Middle East and the stablity of the Iraqi nation needs to be addressed. We may be able to beat Saddam's army by ourselves but re-building Iraq and ensuring Middle Eastern stability will be a task that will require a major collective effort.

ONE....

bigboi

• heathen
    heathen

Put me down for a yes on this one ,even though I don't think it is a good idea .I think there is way too much violence in that part of the world as it is and the us does not have the arsenal to do another sustained assault and the current economic situation would only get worse .I am not one of those people who think that military spending will boost the economy and solve the problems we face as a nation however it does seem to be a republican idea since I heard rush limaugh advocating support for it. Maybe they are just waiting to see if that asteroid is going to land on them .hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Im probably going to re-enlist (90% chance) in the gaurd (armor unit) so there is a good chance that Im going to get a nice tan. Even though there does not seem to be any concrete evidence Sadam is a threat to the U.S., the nut case is trying to get the bomb. He's already gassed his own people so he is crazy enough to nuke someone. Probably Isreal, that way he could go down as the greatest Islamic Hero!! Granted that would start a little nuclear war but shit if he's going out he is going to do it in style!!

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

The government here are pro-USA whatever, apart from a few dissenting voices from several back-benchers.

The general fodder in this country, who are driven by the media machine, think Saddam is scum and would back a war against him and his regime today ! The average ROGER does not think for himself and listens to newspapers (rags) like The Sun. So, war is inevitable. Arab nations for the most part here are viewed with great suspicion and there is a definite intolerance towards the Muslim faith in general. The UK is a prejudice nation of biggots for the greater part, especially amongst the older generation. My family are racist and it sickens me. They view Saddam as a beast and think he should be killed and any who stand with him.

There are many though, generally youth, who do not concern themselves enough to have an opinion. Which is worrying, as serious issues like a conflict in the Middle East, gets buried by the next series of Pop Idol or some other shite.

To my mind it is simple. Any man who picks up a gun and fires that gun at another man because of their political/religious agenda & intolerance is sick and twisted and deserves no respect. On either side! Having seen the effects of small arms on a body, well I can't understand the mentality of anybody who could engage in this activity. War is truly horrific. My mind cannot begin to imagine the effect of the weapons that are used in the field.

As the bodies pile up and the burnt out houses appear in Iraq and the war machine rolls forward, the national pride here will arise in this intriguing dark charade once more. Fat, sovereign ring wearing morons, will spread the Union Jack over the bonnet of their vehicle and drink warm beer, toasting the fallen excrement in Iraq and usher in a bright new day of UK/US world vision, where any nation who dares to play the big boys game, of arming itself with weapons of mass destruction, will be stomped down by the bully who already possess enough arms to wipe every fucking thing off the planet.

It gets to me - - - I would rather go to prison than fight alongside any of these hypocrites who govern us.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sure, Saddam is a pain in the ass, but at the same time I have not seen him do anything that would warrant our going in with a military force.

He is not attacking an allied, he is not lobbing scud missiles at Israel, he is not using chemical or biological weapons, no one has been able to connect him to Al Queta, and is has started offering to let weapons inspectors in.

I dont see why so many people are hell bent on invading.

Edited by - Elsewhere on 9 August 2002 17:59:6

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit