What Was Your Happiest Moment Ever?

by invisible 32 Replies latest jw friends

• haujobbz
    haujobbz

Finding a website called kazaa,but does anyone know of any better file sharing sites?

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Actually, I have two happiest moments, I can share but one though

It was my birthday, this year, April 7th. I had been disfellowshipped in February, and so this was the first birthday I could celebrate in seven years. I have a big family, lots of cousins, aunts, uncles etc. Around March I made it known that I would celebrate, and so I got several calls asking me what kind of presents I'd like. So I said all I wanted, was for all of them to come.

And they did! They came from all the corners of this tiny country to celebrate with me. My place was crowded with people that loved me, and that I loved. My life long [worldly] friend that I still had also came. And my mum and grandma, both JW also showed up.

At a certain point I was standing in the kitchen, two of my dearest aunts with me, and I just let the tears flow. "Oh God, what is wrong sweetie?!" they said, and I replied I was just so very happy. I love my family so very much, and they have been there for me when I had a hard time with getting out of the Borg, and here they were, celebrating my birthday. It was wonderful.

Viv.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

My happiest moment came when I said "I do" to my wonderful husband.

He had been there for me as a friend while I went through divorcing my first husband. He listened to me complain about my husband and advised me to get counseling. He never agreed with me; he just listened and always told me if I needed anything, he would be there for me.

The day my divorce was final he asked me out. We dated for 2.5 years and got married in January 1988.

I was so happy to find such a loving, thoughtful man. He has never had a harsh word and tells me how wonderful and beautiful I am. He has encouraged me and backed me up on every decision.

I really cannot believe I got so lucky. My first marriage (from first meeting to divorce being final) lasted all of 13 months.

He is convinced that God had a plan and it was for us to meet. Since I don't believe in god, I do think there was some force at play that got us hooked up.

Another very happy moment came when I stumbled upon this site and found myself amoung people who understood my background.

• Mulan
    Mulan

The birth of my first son

The birth of my second son

The birth of my daughter

The day I brought my premature third son home from the hospital

The days each of my grandchildren were born.

I guess the answer is "births"

• Francois
    Francois

That day, in the early summer of 1977, after work, when Susan McGraw kissed me full on the lips in Houlihan's Old Place in Lenox Mall in Atlanta, GA..

I was wearing a cream three-piece suit and tan ankle boots, and she was wearing a flowered sundress with Espedrilles. And life has never been the same.

Frank

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    I was wearing a cream three-piece suit and tan ankle boots, and she was wearing a flowered sundress with Espedrilles

Are you my daddy?! He had the same suit and ankle boots....my mother wore a flowered sundress with espedrilles! I think we are related!

• teejay
    teejay

April 22, 1999 . The day my daughter was born.

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

l. my wedding day, to a wonderful husband

2. the birth of our son (now 27)

3 the birth of our daughter (now 23)

4 having the opportunity to rekindle relationship with my brother, who I never grew up with.

5.enjoying my grandchildren

6. meeting and talking to all you fine people here.

Sorry could not just put it into only one time of happiness. I just realized I much to be happy for.

• jozb5
    jozb5

I have more that one: When I married my dear hubby and when I had each of our kiddies.

Josie

• wasasister
    wasasister

It goes without saying, the birth of my daugthers. But more recently...

Nye Beach, Oregon Coast, post-Christmas 2000 and early 2001. The closest I may ever get to having it all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit