What Was Your Happiest Moment Ever?

by invisible 32 Replies latest jw friends

• invisible
    invisible

A reunion perhaps, a party, a beautiful view shared with an equally stunning partner, what was EVER, the happiest moment in your life? How did you find this emotion, exactly what did it feel like, can you remember and perhaps share your sentiments here with the rest of us? Please take us there with you.

Celtic Mark - Cornwall UK

Your space ....

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

The happiest moment in my life was when the doctor told me that my brand new baby boy would not die from spinal menengitis after a month of waiting in agony. And to have and hold him in my arms was the most wonderful experience in my life and then with that the second most happiest moment in my life was marrying my wonderful husband Marco and we just celebrated our Ist wedding anniversary on August the fourth.

Yes I am the luckiest person alive!!

• jaccilynn
    jaccilynn

my happiest moment ever was my first birthday party, which was this year. my best friend, sunshine and her boyfriend, jason came down from nashville, my guitar teacher and another guitar player came over to my apartment as well. and about 10 of my closest friends were there (including my brother who is still a jw!). sunshine is a blues singer and jason plays incredible harmonica, my teacher played bass and his friend played slide guitar. and they jammed in the living room of my apartment for hours. jason played herbie man's "turkish coffee" which is MY song and always makes me cry. i spent time with my firends, laughed, sang, played guitar, and just felt loved and happy... non-stop... for an entire night. it was awesome.

• nita6368
    nita6368

The umbilical cord had wrapped around the neck of my 3rd son during labor before he was born. When he was born,he wasn't breathing, the doctor layed him on my chest and took care of the cord and he was lifeless and not breathing.Then the doctor layed him in a warmer and began CPR and had one of the nurses tapping his feet and the doctor kept saying "Come on little guy,we're not going to lose you". It seemed like hours that I laid there helpless to do anything,then all of a sudden the baby started crying. That definitely was the best moment in my life. Andrew is 8 now and is a perfectly healthy little boy, still my baby

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

This sounds corny as hell, but pretty high on my list is the moment I swept down the aisle on my daddy's arm to the sweet strains of Liz Frasier singing "I wear your ring", my two best friends behind me, and took my place next to my honey and made my vows to love him forever. Made me cry then, makes me cry now....

To be honest, life just keeps getting better. When I walk out in the fields with the dogs and look at the sun shining on acres of golden barley swaying in the breeze........

There is so much joy in life, its all just so good!

Sorry if this is making you nauseous, I know it is not hip to be happy.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Sorry, I just remembered another...

Alaska, June 2001: Staying in a log cabin in the middle of Denali National Park. Had my first shower in a few days, feeling zingy. Joined husband and another couple on the veranda of the lodge, shared a glass of red wine. Looked across at the perfect view of Mount Denali (McKinley). Felt a moment of pure, deep contentment. Bliss. Still makes me tingle.

one day i'm going back

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

Oddly, my happiest moment passed me by the day that I realized that I was to die a death similar to the rest of earths 6 billion inhabitants. This was two years ago November. I don't remember much except for looking at some elderberries with dew on them, and marvelling at the slate grey colour of the sky.

• writerpen
    writerpen

I've not had too many happy moments in my life, but I have great hope that I will experience many of them now that I am free.

Since January I've been working closely with an Episcopal Church, having become a member. Within that time I have devoted about five to six hours each week in working with the homeless through the church's outreach ministry. Recently I moved close to the church and see the homeless daily as I come and go. One night I was returning from a Lenny Kravitz concert and drove by the church. This was about 3:30 a.m. I saw all these homeless people sleeping in the church yard. Some of their heads were resting directly on the ground and others used their shoes as pillows. I went home, got five pillows from my bed, and took them to the church.

One man was covered from head to toe in a white sheet. He looked like corpse under the sheet - ever so still. I went over and touched him. I will never forget how he looked at me through his sleepy eyes. I handed him the pillow and remember so vividly how he pulled the soft pillow into his body. The surprised look on his face that someone would do that for him gave me an overwhelming feeling of having helped a person - another live human being. A moment I will never forget and, while not necessarily "happy," most warm and satisfying. Before leaving I said in the calmest voice, as if I were whispering a baby to sleep, "won't you come to church on Sunday?" And, he did.

I cry every time I think of this most sacred moment in my life. What it truly means to help another person.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

I have three.............ages 11, 9 and 2-1/2 years old. Nothing compares to holding that brand new baby-whether it is your first or your third. Each time was spectacular!

• invisible
    invisible

Your'e all going to have me in tears yet - awwwwwwww.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit