Silentlambs March: Controversal Idea?

by Nanoprobe 41 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LFitzwater
    LFitzwater

A Friend of mine mentioned that someone here said they would love for me to attend the Silent Lambs March. TRUST ME, I would love to go but there is no way I could afford to do it. My heart will be there though, with all those that show up. I believe fully in what Bill is doing! There have been a lot of us out here for years wanting something to be done. Bill has put his time and energy into getting our voices heard. He connected me to Rich Greenberg of Dateline and because of that I was given a bigger forum to tell my story. There are so many stories out there like mine. The more we tell our stories, the more people will hear, and the more children will be spared. I am planning to send a letter to Bill that he can take with him. I have NEVER had any interest in going to NY until now. I prefer my small town and no crowds. But I would surely go if I could! I would love to stand up in front of the orginazation that kicked me out because they said that I was a "danger to the congergation". Back then I was not speaking out. I was trying to get it handled through the elders and the org. They decided to DF me because they thought it would shut me up. THEY WERE WRONG! And I have a much stronger and more confident voice now. I would love to see Mario Mareno face to face and ask him why he lied directly to my husband as I listened in. I would love to hold the documents of proof in front of him. Legal court documents as well as letters from the WTS that PROVE they are liars! Instead, I will send what I can to Bill and let him use what he wants.

As far as me not posting here much....I do love being here and being involved, but I have 2 kids (11 & 13) , a wonderful husband, a full-time job and some medical problems. It is very hard to keep up. My evenings and weekends are spent with my family, which is very important to me as well. I want to help and will help with this cause as much as I can, but I can't neglect my family in the process. Thankfully, they are very supportive.

I am very glad that my story has helped others. My e-mail is open to any who would like to chat. I try to check my mail at least every couple of days. I am more than willing to share my expierences and hear others. Also, if there is anyway I can help with anything that comes up, I would love to help. Feel free to e-mail me and I will pop in. [email protected]

Sincerely,

Laurie Fitzwater

• Valis
    Valis

I quit the "keeping up w/the dubbies" thing a long time ago and I'm not about to start up now. Assuming I have the money, I will be attending and don't care if the dubbies judge me for who I am and the choices I have made...Some of which not even many on this board are capable of living with...My point being, that when I show up they will know and remember me. Just the way I am and that's the only game in town. All this postulation over how one should look is as bad a being a dubbie. No need to psychoanalyze the WTS or individual dubs, because it so easy. Regardless of how anyone dresses, it is safe to assume they will revile us nontheless. I say ley them revile away....I've got more time to live life as real human being than they do, seeing how Armageddon's coming for them and all....It might make them wonder how so many different people from all walks of life can be so close and loving and tollerant of one another and not be Jehovahs Witnesses.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

All this postulation over how one should look is as bad a being a dubbie.

well said valis.......I doubt anyone from this board will shock anyone anyway. unless there are some nudists.

the important thing is the march, the support for the ones that have spoken up, as well as for the ones that this hypocritical organization still silences.....

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Valis:

Your reaction is exactly the response I thought I would encounter when I posted this thread.

In fact its exactly the reaction the Watchtower Society is counting on most marchers having.

They indoctrinated us and they indoctrinate all current members with beware of THE APOSTATE ATTITUDE & along with that goes the APOSTATE LOOK.

JR et al has attempted to smear even Barbara, Joe, and Bill with accusations of acts unbecoming a Christian.

The world can't believe any group would disfellowship Child ABuse Advocates (It's too ridiculousto believe) so MAYBE there is more to the story.

But what happens if we don't give WTBS what they expect? What happens if the words coming out of their serpent tongued mouths don't match what the press and other people SEE?

So for all the witnesses out there and for all many other conservative Christians: Let's NOT look like WTS image of an Apostate.

And yes, I understand that this is PERSONAL to you and to many others, and I understand you want to snub your nose at them. I don't blame you one bit.

But we'll beat them by strategy not on emotions. Remember for them it is just Business As Usual it's not personal

Just consider it a little more.

Edited by - nanoprobe on 10 August 2002 13:58:41

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

I believe Valis view to be favorable...

Go by your own nature, not by theirs.

All in suit and tie would be as big a lie as they are.

Some suit, some tie, some dreadlocks, some close shaved, some long haired and short, some bearded, some formal, some pierced some not, some casual, a mix and some match, man woman and child, should go up as they feel right and comfortable and not as a false facade and fake pretense.

All should go up against the great white washed wall...as you really are. REAL PEOPLE.

My opinion.

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Pomegranate

Your words of course are logical and they make perfect sense and your advice would be the best IF not for one thing:

Watchtower thinking does not make sense and is not logical.

The world would think: Look how nice that is that all those different types of people can come together.

Not JWs. You can fill in their comments here_______________________________________________

Would you at least consider erring on the side of conservatism in dress? Being a flaming Apostate will even upset Bill O'Reilly.

I very well know this is NOT the end all, be all solution to anything and # 1 is the number of marchers. But WTBS is big, powerful, rich and we have so little to use against them and at this time for this march it's the only ploy I can come up with that can impact them in any way. Of course your presence is NUMBER 1 however you dress.

Edited by - nanoprobe on 10 August 2002 14:31:31

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Who CARES what the Watchtower thinks...let them think WHATEVER they want.

The truth is the truth no matter what cloak it wears.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Matt 3:4
    4 John's clothes were made of camel's hair, and he had a leather belt around his waist.

Translation = on the outside, not to pleasing to the eye. It's what's on the inside that counts.

Matt 6:25-26
    Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?

Matt 6:28
    28 "And why do you worry about clothes?"

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe
    What the society fears most is an "ORDINARY" Apostate

That is a paraphase of a quote by a society lawyer, Hayden Covington, I believe. He says the society fears most a "normal" opposer, not a radical, not a fanatic, not a flaming apostate. Just a normal witness. (if someone has the actual quote please post it I couldn't find it)

Do you understand why this is true?

What happens if we give them "a boat load of ordinary apostates"?

Edited by - nanoprobe on 10 August 2002 19:33:46

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Normal would be as you are, not dressed to kill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit