Silentlambs March: Controversal Idea?

by Nanoprobe 41 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Try this scenario:

There is a book publishing company in Brooklyn that we are going to picket. The company has a strict dress code (like the old EDS or IBMs)

The company is telling all current and prospective employees (and anyone else who will listen) that the picketers are just DISGRUNTLED ex employees. They say the ex employees havent worked for the company in years maybe decades and are just a bunch of losers who cant find other jobs.

But what if the picketers look like they still work for the company or that they just quit last week? It will be harder for the publishing company to smear the picketers and the picketers get the best PR

Hylandr: It's not other people as in Worldly People who are going to judge us on our appearance. No, you're right they don't care what we are wear. But they also don't care what we are do or if we are there or not. It's not their problem it's the JW's problem. We are trying to influence a few other JW's to just look at the facts and not just dismiss us on appearance. And yes, the JW's will do that .

Edited by - nanoprobe on 9 August 2002 9:56:51

• SYN
    SYN

This thread is worth some deep thought.

Overall, it's probably true what another poster has said, that the Dubs will find anything (any LITTLE thing even) to dismiss us on. For instance, Barb's cross on Dateline is a good example. They discounted all of her testimony about 20,000 abused children purely because of a tiny, half-gram piece of metal. What a load of crod.

If you guys look GREAT, dressed stylishly, not neccessarily in a suit or tie, you would show the world that you have moved on, but you will never forget, and that you are no longer Assimilated. Iron your clothes, whatever they may be, but wear your BEST! For some people that might be a suit, but there are loads of people who look really good in different kinds of clothes. Wear bright colours, but make sure you're spotless. That's what I'd do.

Being an XJW doesn't mean you're a slob, but it does mean you have found the freedom to dress in a way that looks good and that you don't give a hoot about "policy".

Good luck, guys, whatever you choose to wear!

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Thanks, SYN

I'm just asking that everyone give the idea some serious thought.

We are just a small group and don't have an "already in place" massive PR machine complete with all the "catch words" (Apostate, disgruntled, DF'd, etc) So we have to effect the preception of the JW Rank & File anyway we can. I believe this is our most effective way to do that at this march. Remember we are only going to get a few seconds of Media coverage. #1 of course is the total body count, but I have seen the Dallas press make a small group look like a big group and never mention the actual number to the general public. It depends on the press's attitude toward you.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Interesting but from an optics point of view - it won't matter what you are dressed as.

The press (who this is really for) will be interested in the victims and how many victims.

The press will be interested in the doors closing at Bethal as they come up the stairs. Make sure force them to close the doors. The shutting out of the lambs visually proves Bill's point to the lamestreet press.

The press will be interested in the stories of the victims and the victims advocates.

Of all the advocates I would hope Laurie Fitzwater and other family members attend and take a serious role in this. I don't see her posting here much an it is a damn shame. A quick speech from her and have that WT letter ready to give to the press about how she and other family members tried to stop the Daniel Fitzwater abuse but it continued with the WTS knowledge is powerful stuff .... it will make killer optics.

Then the Pandelos should be up there telling the friggen world that their relation who is still very sick and wants to get at little girls is walking the streets and knocking on doors as per the manditory requirements of the WTS with an untrained second witness as shown on Dateline on May 28, 2002.

Holly and Heather really rock in my books and can hold there own.

Make the speeches simple short and to the point.

Remember this is for the press and not your everyday JW!!!!! It is for getting a message to the "general public" in North America and force a public outrage that "forces" the corporation to change. That, along with the court system is how it is done and how the game is played.

hawk

Edited by - hawkaw on 9 August 2002 11:59:51

Edited by - hawkaw on 9 August 2002 12:2:31

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Understand one thing though, witnesses are not well dressed. More often than not, they are innapropriately dressed. Wearing bad suits when they ought to be wearing up-to-date casual clothes (field service), and wearing bad suits when they ought to be wearing good suits (meetings).

Witnesses claim to dress to favourably impress the community at large, but in western countries, they really dress to please the GB, and in doing so, stick a middle finger up to the community at large.

Edited by - SixofNine on 9 August 2002 12:7:39

• SYN
    SYN

Yeah. Most guys look really good in a nice Armani suit, and most gals look great in a styling evening dress, but are these things really appropriate for a march on the headquarters of an Organization that promotes the abuse of children?

Why are we worried about how what we're wearing?

The Press wants visual symbols, as Hawkaw noted.

• Gozz
    Gozz

The march is as much for the world, as it is for the JWs on the inside. It is an important point. JWs will be watching. And it's not just true that all of them will critisize no matter how "well" dressed the marchers are. Dressing like the march is for the world and not the JW is definitely not a good tactic. Regular JWs will at least listen to those they consider to have some "ethics", and dressing is a strong point with them. That door shouldn't be shut. The general public will get the message, a few JWs deserve the chance too.

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe
    The press will be interested in the stories of the victims and the victims advocates.

Very true, but how much is the general public interested in a cult problem? How much were non-Catholics interested in their sex scandal? They usually think we should just quit and get on with our lives.

Yes, number 1 we want all the world's attention but can we also effect the Rank & File in another manner?

I really believe that the JW's will look for any little thing to reject us. It's important to them to dismiss us, to not think about us, to assume we are lying scum.

Their whole world is at stake if we undermine their faith in the publishing company.

Let's just not play into their hand and make it too easy be called "deceitful apostate"

Hawkaw

on that other post you asked me to get back to you about registered sex offenders who had molested JW kids first. I left my email there for you.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Thanks kindly,

I will be getting to a hold of you next week.

Dino has given me something that I need to address first. And there is something for Vicki and Bill I am working on which is kinda pressing.

I hope you can understand the delay but yes I will be in touch as I think it is very important and thanks for the Email.

hawk

Edited by - hawkaw on 9 August 2002 13:31:42

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

unfortunately when you're not personally acquainted with a person, it's only human nature to form an opinion of him by the way that he's dressed. when you have less than 60 seconds of a audience's attention, why chance having them spend it trying to figure out what your tatoo says instead of listening to what you have to say ? the "world" could care less about how you dress, true, but if you're dressed like a loser, without them knowing you, they're going to label you a loser whether you are or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit