chaperones

by restorebeauty 22 Replies latest social relationships

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I got to play chaparone for my sister.

My sister recently brought it up...25 years later! I was 13 and my mother would not let her go out

with dubs without me riding along. My sister is still mad at me for going along.

She has not figured out that it was not my idea. My mother made me go.

She was allowed to go on "worldly" dates without me. They worldly boys would not put up with it.

• LucidSky
    LucidSky
    How did you get around it without getting caught?

Easy. Just date a "worldly" chick and always go over to her house.

Here comes Mom with the cocoa, so, Good Night!
    LOL @ Stephanus. Hilarious!
  • badapple
    badapple

LOL@Stephanus. Love the illustration too!

At one time I was living with a sister that started dating. I used to have to chaperone often. It was a bit of a hassle most times, as I was pretty strict about the whole thing. I'd only just been baptized, & being a zealous sister that I was, I took my chaperoning very seriously. Needless to say, I was a real pain in the #@%!

Anyway, one night after returning home from the meeting, I came home to find them both in the lounge room ALONE. Now this was very serious. So I promptly informed them, that unless I was home at the same time, that they were not allowed inside the house alone, & to wait outside for me until I came home!! The look on their faces was of complete shock, especially when I continued on to say that I would take this matter to the elders if they did it again!!

I can't believe what an idiot I was! No wonder that poor sister found a new place to move into 2wks after that. I was upset with her because she abandoned me. But of course now I have a laugh about it, cause I got what I deserved!

BadApple

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

Never had a chaperone because I never had a gf in the truth.....another day another show... Anyhow I have been the GOOBER as I like to put it on that date. I mean rolling around in Elder fill-in-the-blank's Nissan Quest in the back seat, was not fun.

...Really you can't exactly get your mack on,enjoy your date, have a WHOLESOME time with your boy slurping down a few cokes and burgers.

I did fly out to California to meet a sis, and a brother whose wife works at the same airline as I do agreed to come along. Great. He not only went on to ruin everything he had the nerve to tell the sister that we...yes WE not ME needs her elders home number,KH number and the name of her congregation. I was like never again. This brother became like the second crack on my ..well you know where.....I saw his face more that weekend than her's...She was like does he always speak for you like this ? And he who is married was only two years older than me..not like he was a older more mature guy than me.I was so pissed I could have left him right there in San Fransico.

And oh...she never called or wrote again when I returned. Hmmmm now why could that be ???

"Some people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold. "

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Yeah we always had a chaperone, uh as far as the elders knew...

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

LOL@ Random Task......

hey you have TWO days to tell the elders that you went UN-accompanied....or else...... hehe

"Some people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold. "

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Yeah they can kiss my ass! Funny thats what I thought then too and I was still pretty deep into it.

I guess I needed to get an attitude adjustment, good thing I did or I'd still be going to the hall!

• restorebeauty
    restorebeauty

Welcome av8orntexas

Question, what is your status in the organization now?

restorebeauty

• Englishman
    Englishman

Yup, a chaperone in the form of the lady's kid brother, would accompany us everywhere. Imagine being 18 years old and not allowed even to the pictures without supervision! We soon got around it however, as the lady's Father would always give me 3/6d for his ticket into the cinema. I used to give him 9d and push him into a 2/9d seat at the front, well away from us.

Englishman.

• LDH
    LDH

CHAPERONE?!?!?

What planet are you on?

We weren't even allowed to date! (I got df'd at 19 cause I had a 'worldly boyfriend') He was my first 'boyfriend'. I never dated any JW boy. NOTHING. Field Service only, and the elders/ms' made sure the guys and gals never worked alone.

Up until that point, at the age of 19, after reg.pio'g for almost four years, I was still not allowed to date.

PERIOD.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit