WEIRDO SINGLE 'HOVAH DUDES

by TR 25 Replies latest social humour

• TR
    TR

I hope I didn't offend anyone. If I had been single as a 'hovah, who knows. Maybe I would've delved head first into becoming....SUPER HOVAH DUDE!(hands on hips, cape flowing in the breeze) Seems as though the single 'hovah dudes who really tried to be ultra WT men were the biggest weirdos. They were not laid back enough and the sisters didn't like that.

Dan,

Are you talking about the Satch CD that is mostly techno weirdness, a major departure from previous CDs? Or is there a newer one? "Crystal Planet" and the CD with "Cool #9" on it are my faves.

TR

• Xander
    Xander

Hmmm...neither so common by us. We DID have a few of:

Single 'hovah dude, 30ish, MANY cong. duties, well groomed, fashionably dressed, well-built. Lives in smartly decorated (and color coordinated!) small 2 or 3 room studio. WT litter-ature stacked neatly. Older model computer on desk with Sunday talk *always* being written on it. Likes sad movies. Can't find a sister 'spiritual enough'. Or, 'interesting enough'. Or always 'too emotional'. Loves Bette Midler, Barbra Streisand, and Cher. Thinks Paul was probably right about the whole 'staying single' thing. Really enjoys spending time with other, similar, spiritual brothers for encouragement.

• TR
    TR

Xander,

you're describing a friend of mine who actually is an single X-'hovah dude. He's df'd, but still believes the WTS to be "the closest to the truth".

He lives in the Seattle area. Hey! Any single X-'hovah sisters in Seattle that want to show him a good time?

TR

Edited by - TR on 8 August 2002 12:0:26

• Xander
    Xander

Sorry, TR, missed the point, I think.

That was an attempt to describe as gay a gay as they come. But, of course, the JW singles in question AREN'T gay - because 'that's wrong'.

At least the guys I knew who fit this description would have been a LOT happier had the bOrg not regulated their sexuality.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Cool #9 rocks. I forget the album name, but that's got a ton of great songs on it. I think song number nine on that album is the one that reminds me of a rock version of flight of the bumblebee...

ash

• jozb5
    jozb5

I knew of a few single weird jw dudes at my hall. I know of one that got married to an elder's daughter. I think she married him cause there was no else to marry. It always seemed like a desparate marriage. Last I saw of them I was at a ob/gyn visit and she was pregnant, she didn't look happy and I felt sorry for her.

My mother has even tried to get me to consider marrying a weird jw dude only because he was in "the truth" ew! She even found one by placing a lonely hearts ad in some national tabloid. Now that was scarey.

I'll tell more of that story later.

Josie

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

A personals ad in a tabloid is bad enough... but to have your mother place it for you.. Uggggggg.

You have my sympathy.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

jozb5.......

your mom sounds CREEPY. LOL.

Perhaps she's thinking she can use your evil seed to rule the world?

ash

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Now I'm a weirdo single ex-jehovah dude. Damaged goods, if ever there was. But, I feel like Fredhall lately:

since a lot of girls and women smiles and talks to me gives me the impression that I God's gift to them

LOLOLOLOL!!

Xander, there was a guy who I was in a congo with some years back, who was (and I don't mean this offensively, I don't know how else to describe it) as flamingly gay as you could possibly imagine. He was the quintessential effeminate male. Anyways, nobody says anything about it, it was all hush-hush, but come on, everybody knew. He got married at 19 (she was a HOTTIE but a total J-Dumb). 2 years later, he's divorced, df'd, and out of the closet, learning cosmetology at a local junior college. Plenty of closet gays in the borg, for sure. Pretty sad.

TR:

Engines of Creation was the Satch techno CD. It was a bit of an uneven effort, but there's some great stuff on there. The 2nd track is awesome. He has a newer one than that, it just came out. It is called "Strange Beautiful Music". I like it pretty well.

ashitaka, the Satch album you refer to is definitely one of his best. He put one out about 3 years after that called "Crystal Planet". I (and many other Satch diehards) feel that it was his crowning achievement, a rock guitar masterpiece.

• TR
    TR

Xander,

LOL, that point did fly above the ol noggin', unfortunately. But I do know single dudes who are meticulous about everything and they're definately not gay.

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit